following view all
|fioricetmigrainereli is not in any groups|
When headache signifies a medical emergency?
The headache may be a symptom of other diseases, some of them quite serious. In addition, even if many of us believe that headache cannot kill us, things are not exactly so. There are cases when migraines are caused by strokes, and these may be fatal.
Although it may be uncomfortable migraine headaches usually not life-threatening someone. However, a severe headache may be a sign of serious diseases (stroke, aneurysm, meningitis) requiring emergency medical intervention. Typically, these situations are very common and unfortunately cannot be differentiated from benign headache pain. However, there are some important signs and symptoms disorders: - stiff neck (torticollis) and fever - could be signs of meningitis (inflammation the membranes surrounding the central nervous system), which might worsen quickly if not treated; - nausea, vomiting accompanied by severe neurological disorders (difficulty speaking, to maintain balance), which could be signs of a hemorrhagic stroke. The headache may be one of the most unpleasant types of pain that a person has experienced in life. Such a type of pain can be caused by an aneurysm that could be life-threatening. To determine the exact cause of the symptom investigations are needed (very important in this respect being computed tomography).
When to seek medical advice?
Consult doctor in any of the following:
- A person is occasionally more bouts of headaches;
- Headaches are severe and start suddenly;
- Headaches are accompanied by confusion, dizziness, fever, numbness, vomiting, difficulty speaking, persistent vomiting, stiff neck (stiff neck), numbness, shortness of breath;
- Unexpected symptoms in the ears, throat, nose or eyes;
- Diarrhea persistence;
- Temporary loss of vision;
- Pain head is amplified and does not improve;
- Headache interferes with daily activities;
- is necessary for the patient to use analgesics more than two days a week;
- Although the patient uses drugs to relieve headaches, the recommended dose is not -and makes the expected effect;
- Headaches are triggered by coughing, sneezing, bending, efforts or sexual activity;
- Headaches were born as a result of trauma;
- Headaches spectrum is varied. You must call to emergency services if: - Migraines are acute, and headache is unbearable; - headaches are accompanied by loss of vision , of consciousness; - uncontrollable vomiting; - pain lasts more than 72 hours; - headaches or migraines are accompanied by symptoms that trigger anxiety . There are times when headaches are accompanied by unusual symptoms. These could be signs after which you should seek advice from a health emergency that people should not be in danger. Headaches can be an emergency, when a symptom of acute systemic diseases. The diagnosis is difficult to establish in this case, and treatment will be directed against the underlying disease. The complications of neurological signs could be headaches that worsen recurrent or progressive ones and are accompanied by symptoms of nausea and vomiting. Most patients who present to the emergency room and suffered headaches, or because of their systemic disease is manifested primary headache pain. https://storify.com/christinejohn3/acupuncture-in-the-treatment-of-migraines-and-head#publicize
|share||like 2||report||78 views|