followers view all
following view all
|aknc is not in any groups|
What is MRI and for what it is used?
MRI is a very popular scanning procedure that is taken out by the doctors. It is basically used to view all sorts of body structures and organs that include soft tissues. It is a well known fact that MRI is certainly the greatest and advanced diagnostic medical techniques that has been used over the past century.
Talking more succinctly about the procedure, it uses magnetic and radio waves to produce the images of various structures and tissues inside the body.
Now coming on how MRI imaging works, it actually takes half an hour and one hour for the whole procedure of scanning to be completed. Throwing some light on what are the actual factors for which this procedure is used mentioned below are some of the things:
- MRI helps in determining exact problem inside the body along with its location
- Moreover, MRIs are primarily used to detect the cancer which is otherwise difficult to diagnose
- Most importantly, not only the presence of cancerous tumor is diagnosed but the exact location and its size is also determined through this advanced procedure
- The researches and experts study with brain and spinal abnormalities with the help of MRI scanning and imaging procedures
- Detailed images of the heart and major blood vessels are also produced by MRI. Apart from that images of joints and soft tissues are also produced
- Other lung related disorders, digestive disorders, infections and inflammatory conditions, disorder of urinary tract and kidney can also be diagnosed with the help of MRI
As soon as the body of the patient is sent inside the big magnetic surrounding, the computer collects all the data related to your body and its parts. The computer converts these data into meaningful cross sectional images of different parts of the body that has already being scanned. Later on these cross sectional images are converted into three dimensional images. This is how; MRI is actually used to diagnose different parts of the body.
|share||like 6||report||181 views|