followers view all
|one40 is not in any groups|
|drug rehab, drug rehab uk, drug rehabilitation centers, drug rehabilitation, drug rehab centres, drug rehab centers, drug rehab centre, drug rehab clinics, drug rehabilitation centre, drug rehabilitation centres uk, drug rehab residential, drug treatment centers
What is Cannabis and How Does Rehab Help?
Cannabis is both a psychoactive and medical drug used for its medicinal and recreational benefits. Cannabis—the plant from which many types of the drug are derived—contains more than 400 different chemicals, including cannabidiolic acid, which is a penicillin-like antibiotic. THC is another active ingredient, giving the drug mild to moderate analgesic effects while also stimulating appetite and inducing a state of relaxation. Cannabis or marijuana is mostly consumed for these physiological and psychoactive effects. However, prolonged and excessive use may lead to unwanted side effects like a decrease in the user's short-term memory, impaired motor skills, paranoia, anxiety, and addiction or dependence. Addiction to marijuana can further lead to other grave consequences such as a suppressed immune system, sexual dysfunction, increased risk of developing psychosis, gum disease, reduced brain function, and many others. Fortunately, there are different types of rehab programs that address cannabis dependence, helping users stop the abuse and eventually recover from the negative effects of the drug.
Recovery from marijuana dependency at a One40 clinic starts with the acceptance of the problem and a commitment to stop using the drug. The treatment and recovery process is much more effective when conducted in a controlled environment, under the supervision of qualified professionals. Entering a rehab program where you can be given the right tools to get over the addiction and learn about relapse prevention is the best way to remain abstinent of marijuana addiction. Here are some of the most important elements of a successful marijuana rehab treatment:
- Proper assessment of the individual case. No one treatment works for everyone. The rehab program will be tailored to the exact needs of the patient, with the understanding that these needs can also change with time. Assessing your unique circumstances will help doctors and counsellors recommend the best approach to use for your specific case, as well as schedule re-assessments to make sure treatments are in tune with your changing needs.
- Therapies. Various therapies that take care of your mental, physical, and emotional need must be incorporated to the treatment program to ensure holistic recovery.
- Regular monitoring. Relapse is always a possibility, which is why regular monitoring is needed to prevent slips.
- Substantial time within the treatment program. It is important that you remain in the program for the recommended period because dropping out early increases the risk of relapse.
- Aftercare. Relapse is always a possibility, but getting adequate aftercare prevents you from falling victim to the traps of cannabis use.
About the Author:-
This article is written by Dale Conlon, who is associated with One40. One40 is a culmination of all expertise, dedication, compassion, and experience they have gained over the years and enables them to offer clients comprehensive individually tailored addiction and disorder day treatment programmes in a tranquil, conducive environment.
|share||like 3||report||56 views|