What Every Golfer Should Know About Sun Damage
Golfers spend hours perfecting their chipping and pitching. They hone their knowledge of club selection and are able to read the most impossible breaks on difficult greens. But on the subject of their skins and sun damage they display an alarming ignorance. Here are a few facts that every golfer should know like the Rules of Golf.
- UVA (Ultra Violet A) are deep penetrating rays from the sun that cause long-term skin damage.
- UVB (Ultra Violet B) are rays responsible for sunburn.
- SPF (Sun Protection Factor) is the FDA approved rating system which determines the effectiveness of a sunscreen in stopping only UVB rays. The number indicates the product’s capacity; the higher the number the more effective the blocking power.
- Even on a cloudy day, 80 percent of harmful UV rays pass through the clouds to reach the earth.
- A healthy tan is a myth. A tan indicates the body’s defense against further skin damage from the sun.
- Sunburn is an indication of UV rays damaging the DNA of the skin. Five or more sunburns in a person’s lifetime double the chances of getting melanoma.
- Lips are a prime area for skin cancer. Lips require a lip balm with SPF protection.
Med3 Dermaceuticals, a California based company, was formed to develop, and formulate skin care products. med|3 line of skincare products are ideal for golfers as they not only provide protection against harmful UV rays but also help the skin rejuvenation and nourishment. Because of the unique ingredients that go into the composition, med|3 products are anti-aging as well and suitable for both, male and female golfers. To learn more of the products and how they work to protect your skin, please click on www.med3golf.com
|share||like 39||report||335 views|