Tips for Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in India
You want to make sure that only the best and qualified surgeon will fix any imperfection on your body or face. If you are unhappy with certain aspects of your appearance and think that they can be enhanced or changed to boost your self confidence, cosmetic surgery might be an option. You need a reputable cosmetic surgeon who will truly listen to you, recommend the right procedures, and walk you through the process to make sure that you are ready and mentally prepared for surgery. You want to make sure that only the best and qualified surgeon will fix any imperfection on your body or face.
Here are tips for choosing the best cosmetic surgeon in India:
- Go online – The quickest and the fastest way to find cosmetic surgeons is by searching for them online. Be sure to assess their qualifications, reputation, and transparency.
- Review their credentials – Once you have compiled a list of reputable cosmetic surgeons, be sure to verify their training and credentials. You can’t go wrong with highly trained and properly schooled professionals with many years of experience and success in cosmetic surgery.
- Do not get overwhelmed by titles – A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree pertains to the first level (graduation) of training needed to become a licensed physician. Doctors should have MD and Master of Surgery (MS) in their titles, too.
- Another alternate qualification is the DNB (Diplomat of National Board), which is the equivalent to the MS and MD degrees in India. It is acquired after three years of undergoing residency after MBBS as long as the board recognizes the hospital. Consider doctors with a super specialty in surgery. In that case, they should have a MCh (Magister Chirurgiae) in plastic surgery. DNB is another super specialty from the National Board of Examinations.
- Take a look at their certifications – The Indian National Board of Examinations (NBE) is in charge of giving board certification to qualified cosmetic surgeons. To get this, a surgeon must graduate from an accredited medical school and that he or she must have completed two years of professional experience in surgery and five years of additional residency. Moreover, the surgeon must have completed and passed comprehensive oral and written exams. The NBE provides a special exam for plastic surgeons who have completed three years of exams and specialty training.
- Look at their memberships in professional medical societies in India – Make sure that the medical society is prestigious and widely recognized.
- Treatments offered – The best cosmetic surgeons aim to provide the latest, innovative, proven, and most effective solutions.
About the company:
Dr. Debraj Shome is the Co-Founder and currently heads the Institute of Aesthetic Surgery – The Esthetic Clinics, at JCI accredited top-line multi-specialty Indian corporate hospital. He is presently attached to many multi-specialty hospitals including Breach Candy Hospital (Breach Candy, Mumbai, India), Saifee Hospital (Girgaon, Mumbai, India), Nova Specialty Hospital (Chembur, Mumbai, India) and Holy Family Hospital (Bandra, Mumbai, India). He is the head of the Facial Plastic Surgery center at Nova superspecialty surgery, Chembur, Mumbai, India.