Things To Know Before Buying And Using Minoxidil For Women
Developing hair loss at some stage of their life is common in men. This is normally known as male pattern baldness and is a genetic and hereditary condition. But many women also develop pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia that starts and gradually spreads from the crown of the head. But when it comes to treatment of pattern baldness, women are off to a difficult position as the doctors often hesitate to prescribe drugs those can be useful for women and the situation is further worsened due to the negligence on part of the drug companies in research and testing of drugs specifically made for preventing and treating female pattern baldness. Applying Minoxidil foam or minoxidil solution directly on the head can actually trigger hair growth and generic versions of Minoxidil for women are now widely available in the market under the brand name Rogaine.
Before you use them
There is no doubt that Rogaine foam can truly be an effective hair loss solution for women but you bettter not use it without consulting a doctor and here are a few important facts that you should also know before you start using it.
- If you are trying for a baby, pregnant or a breast feeding mother it is recommended not to use it
- Be sure that your hair loss is actually androgenetic alopecia and is not a symptom of any other disease
- If you are suffering from abnormal heartbeat, angina or chest pain, have high blood pressure or heart and blood circulation disorders you should also abstain from using Minoxidil
- Also don’t use it if your scalp skin is sore or has condition that can affect the scalp
- If you are already using herbal or complimentary medicines for the same reason then too Minoxidil should not be used
How to use
Always consider it better to check out the printed manufacturer’s information leaflet coming with the product for all required information on minoxidil and also a complete list of all possible side effects that may result from use of the medicine. Here is how you should be using Minoxidil for women for treating pattern baldness:
- Make sure both your hair and the scalp is dry before you use it
- Three different types of applicator are available for Rogaine foam all made to release 1ml of the solution in a measured way. You need to find the applicator that is best suitable for your use.
- Apply 1ml dose of the solution to the affected area and gently rub it with your fingers on to the scalp.
- Forgetting to use it once is not a problem but under no circumstances one should use more than the quantity prescribed
- Always wash your hands well after using minoxidil solution for treating your pattern baldness.
Along with its usefulness in preventing hair loss and treating female pattern baldness Minoxidil foam can also result in a number of unwanted side effects though everybody may not face the problems. But whenever there is any side effect you must consult your doctor as early as possible.
About The Author
Gillian Helmsworth is a renowned expert in the field of dermatology and hair care. She actively promotes the use of Rogaine foam for the treatment of hair loss in all kinds of people, no matter what their age, gender or ethnicity. She also advocates http://www.minoxidildirect.com/ to buy the best hair loss products from. You can read her articles to get the right information and tips for taking care of your hair.