followers 1 popularity
following 0

followers  view all

richardmartin is not in any groups

The Spaniards, among Europeans with higher life expectancy

Dec 17th 2013 at 9:49 PM

life expectancyThe Spaniards are among the Europeans with higher life expectancy after age 65 , according to the statistical center of the European Union, Eurostat, reaching an average of 87 years for women and 83 for men .

Lifestyle have almost everything to do with life expectancy, and bad habits such as smoking, physical inactivity and poor diet can significantly reduce the life expectancy.

As explained, the genetic influences 25 percent of longevity of human beings, while the remaining 75 percent is determined by lifestyle acquired and recalled by the President of the Spanish Society of Anti-Aging Medicine and Longevity (SEMAL ), José Serres, who emphasized the importance of a healthy to live longer and better life years .

In this regard, another specialist in aging, Dr. Mariano Well, recalled that there are four basic factors that accelerate aging : the disease , the oxidative stress , excess acidity in the body and lower production of collagen .
The free radicals cause oxidation in cells and therefore aging, hence it is important to consume plenty of antioxidants through a healthy, varied and nutritious diet .

The acidity is another great enemy of good health: an acidic body is an open door to diseases (including cancer), and increased aging . It is produced by an abusive consumption of protein and refined carbohydrates , as well as excessive stress and relaxation and walking. Other factors that increase the acidity: a sedentary lifestyle, the radiation from mobile phones and television and radio waves.

To counteract the acidity should increase the consumption of alkaline foods such as whole grains, fresh fruits and reduce the animal protein , as well as avoid the intake of soft drinks. It also seeks to make physical activity and lower levels of daily stress.

Finally, our aging accelerates the defect in collagen production : this protein, consisting of chains of amino acids, is a key piece in a young body and body.

Please to comment

sign in

Remember Me

New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here