Are you getting the sleep you need? Take our quiz and find out, then read on for tips for how to improve your Zzzs so you can get the rest – and energy – you need to feel your best every day.
1. Do you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock each morning to snag a few extra minutes in dreamland?
Yes: I'll take all the sleep I can get!
No: I'm good to go when – and sometimes before – the alarm goes off.
2. Do you work out at least three times per week?
3. Do your LOL moments outnumber your OMG! freakouts?
Yes: My sense of humour keeps me sane.
No: I don't have a lot to laugh about these days.
4. Does your bedmate's snoring interfere with the quality of your sleep?
Yes: I have trouble falling and staying asleep because of it.
No: It's not an issue for me.
5. Do you maintain a healthy diet?
Yes: I cook from scratch and avoid foods high in sodium, sugar, saturated fats and overly processed ingredients.
No: I'm busy, so take-out, restaurant meals and convenience foods make up a large portion of my diet, even though I know many are high in sodium, sugar and fat.
6. Are you overweight?
7. Does caring for a new baby (or elderly or ill relative) have you up at all hours?
8. Do you see your doctor for an annual physical?
9. Are you a late-night TV addict?