The Pros And Cons Of Crossfit In Philadelphia
One thing is for certain – whether you like it or not the Crossfit system of fitness and exercise is here to stay. The format has already created many ripples across the fitness industry and people have all kinds of reactions to the methodologies used under it. Some swear by the Crossfit fitness system and claim it is the best and most effective means to achieve overall body strength till date. Others find it a complete waste of time. There are still other who refer to the system as downright dangerous. But no one can deny the huge level of popularity and following that Crossfit has generated in the recent years.
Here is a rundown of the pros and cons of the Crossfit fitness system. These points will help you decide whether this format is for you or you are better off without it.
- Avoiding boredom is one of the most important aims of any fitness regime and Crossfit wins many brownie points in this regard. Very few exercises end up getting repeated and this constant variety keeps motivating people to train and try their strengths at new things.
- Any workout regime that awards t-shirts to anyone who pukes during a workout must be hitting the right notes on the intensity scale – enough said!
- The system calls for organising Crossfit games and competitions from time to time, inducing friendly competition amongst the trainees and motivating them even further to train better. They have actually managed to establish fitness as a sport through these exciting events.
- Crossfit people claim to not specialise in any particular sport at all. In fact they proudly claim that they help in the overall development of body strength and wellness rather than concentrating on any particular aspect such as strength or endurance or flexibility.
- The Crossfit fitness system makes use of timed challenges that again motivates people in achieving even higher levels of strength. They encourage trainees to compete with themselves and are highly particular about the fitness deadlines being met.
- Timed challenges involving combinations of resistance exercise are an awesome way to shoot your anaerobic, aerobic and muscle endurance levels through the roof.
- The Crossfit system requires certain lifts to be repeated a dangerously high number of times. There is a serious risk of injuries here.
- The system works y inducing heavy fatigue and pushing the body’s limits farther and farther in each session. Not always is this a good practice as again, this can lead up to some pretty serious injuries.
- The timed approach often pushes trainees to focus on getting things done fast rather than perfecting the technique. This often leads to unwanted accidents and can affect fitness results as well.
- CrossFit essentially advocates the Zone diet of 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fats which might not suit the body needs of all trainees.
All in all, this fitness system is here to stay. If you are looking for a Crossfit Philadelphia fitness centre, CrossfitSupercharged.com is a trustworthy option to choose.
About The Author
Amy Witherton is a Crossfit fitness expert who also likes to write many interesting articles and blogs, helping people understand the different aspects of this system. She recommends CrossfitSupercharged.com as the best Crossfit Philadelphia fitness centre to enrol into.
|share||like 5||report||16 views|