followers view all
following view all
|2dolphins is not in any groups|
|Fishing, camping, boating, kayaking, internet, traveling, and my beautiful spouse Karen! Trained in the art of natural healing techniques such as Acupressure and Shiatsu. Also first level trained in the art of Reiki healing. Author and publisher of "Your Press-Away pain guide to Headache Relief".|
Superfoods your body needs!
Everyone knows that we should get our vitamins and minerals from foods, especially foods like fruits and vegetables. But it is commonly recommended to take a high powered daily supplement for those things your body can’t reproduce, like fatty acids.
Here are some super foods that may help:
1. My personal favorite is GARLIC since it has an active ingredient called Alicia, which is a sulfur compound that boosts the production of white blood cells.
2. TEA (green or white). Active ingredients are: Vitamin C, antioxidant compounds called flavonoids.
3. BERRIES (blue and red). Active ingredients are: Vitamin C, antioxidant compounds called flavonoids.
4. SWEET POTATOES. Active ingredients are: Vitamin C and beta carotene. So much better for you than regular white potatoes.
5. SOYBEANS. Active ingredients are: Vitamin B6 and Vitamin E.
6. SALMON. Active ingredients are: Vitamin A, D, Selenium & omega-3 fatty acids. (Be aware that some salmon could have a slight amount of mercury poisoning. Do NOT let warm salmon cool in aluminum foil).
7. ASIAN MUSHROOMS (Shitake, maltake). Active ingredients are: Beta-glucans, a type of carbohydrate. NO, these are not the psychodelic kinds so don't fear!
8. CHOCOLATE (Dark). Active ingredients are: Antioxidants, magnesium and potassium. Remember to eat this in moderation.......Yummy!
9. RED MEAT. Active ingredients are: Selenium and zinc. Personally we keep this one to a minimum. We still love Turkey and chicken and I love catching and eating fish.
For our meats and vegetables, we love to use our pressure cooker since it helps to keep in the nutrients and makes everything taste so much better. It’s like using a slow cooker, only much faster!
Food sources of Vitamins include:
Vitamin A: Comes from spinach, carrots, tomatoes, kale, cantaloupes and sweet potatoes.
Vitamin B6: Comes from chicken, soybeans, bananas, carrots, lentils, whole grain flour, sunflower seeds, lentils tuna and salmon.
Vitamin C: Comes from oranges, Brussels sprouts, spinach, kale, sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, grapefruits, lemons, kiwis, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, carrots, raspberries, broccoli, cabbage and tomatoes.
Vitamin D: Comes from fortified orange juice, mackerel, salmon, cod-liver oil, tuna, fortified milk and even sunlight.
Vitamin E: Comes from Vegetable oils, whole grains, avocados, almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts and wheat germ.
Copper: Comes from whole grains, nuts, potatoes, beans, dark leafy greens, organ meats, dried fruits, black pepper, cocoa, oysters and other shellfish.
Selenium: Comes from chicken, wheat germ, brewer’s yeast, Brazil nuts, fish, shellfish and organ meats.
Zinc: Comes from eggs, turkey (dark meat), red meat, beans, nuts, crabmeat, yogurt, oysters and pumpkin seeds.
Even with all this healthy information, you will want to take a daily supplement of the most powerful omega-3 anti-inflammatory and antioxidant you can. Remember not to cut costs when your health is at stake. Having super health costs a lot less than having poor health!
I can highly recommend a product that doesn’t leave a fishy taste and has a multitude of benefits from anti-aging to healthy skin for anyone concerned about staying super healthy.
|share||like 33||report||368 views|