Radiation Therapy Combined With Various Alternative Therapies To Cure Cancer
Today, people are more aware of cancer; once a disease of misconception, cancer is now well understood by its biology, diagnosis, recognition, possible causes and various strategies of prevention. Everyone in some way has been touched by this widespread, cruel disease. If, you are one of those affected by cancer, then you should visit treatment centers of Texas as there are many centers providing some of the best medical treatments that can cure your cancer.
There are many therapies used to treat cancer, but amongst them, radiation therapy is considered to be one of the best treatments. Radiation therapy is popularly known as radiotherapy. This treatment consists of higher dosages of x-rays that are able to destroy the DNA of cancer cells. After getting hit by x-rays, cancer cells are unable to increase and grow. This radiation is delivered with precise aim, to destroy the tumor and to cure cancer.
X-rays can be delivered externally or internally to a cancer patient. To deliver radiation externally, a radiation beam is used, but to deliver internally, radioactive chemicals are placed into the body.
Nowadays, beside radiation therapy, alternative cancer treatments may also be used combined with traditional treatments to treat cancer. Texas cancer treatment centers provide these alternative treatments to eradicate problems like nausea, vomiting, stress and sleeping disorders. Doctors of these centers create a balance between alternative cancer treatments combined with traditional cancer treatments.
Some of the alternative cancer treatments are:
1. Acupuncture- it helps to control nausea caused by chemotherapy. It also relieves pain in patients.
2. Exercise-light and moderate exercise helps you to handle some problems like stress and low energy. With exercise, you can get a better sound sleep.
3. Aromatherapy-essential oils are used to make you relax and relieve nausea and pain. These oils have soothing effects that make you calm and tension free.
4. Meditation-mediation helps you to put your mind into deep concentration. Applying breathing techniques with meditation helps you to focus and calm down.
5. Massage therapy-it makes stiff muscles relax and reduces anxiety. It also helps in alleviating pain.
6. Music Therapy- listening, playing or composing music can have a soothing effect.
7. Yoga or Tai chi-different forms of exercises help you by reducing low energy, diminish stress and make you sleep better.
8. Relaxation techniques- it helps you concentrate and relax your mind.
Cancer Treatment Centers of North Texas create a treatment plan based on your requirements and preferences. They understand that, besides radiation therapy, alternative treatments are also helpful to help in healing your cancer. They acknowledge the fact that radiation therapy will cure your disease but to overcome all the side effects of the radiation you may require alternative treatments.
About the author:
The North Texas Cancer Center at Wise County is located off HWY 51 in front of the Wise Regional Hospital in Decatur, TX. Our center offers a full line of treatment options for patients who want complete quality care including, but not limited to, on-site IMRT Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy. Like all of our other centers, we have created a patient friendly atmosphere within the clinic and have staffed our clinic with experienced and qualified medical professionals. Our board certified radiation oncologist. Dr. Greg Garrett lives and practices in Decatur with his 30 years of experience and frequently consults with Dr. Gregory Echt. The North Texas Cancer Center of Wise also offers ample and convenient free parking to all of our patients and family members.
|share||like 3||report||35 views|