followers 0 popularity
0
following 1

following  view all

Groups
fioricetmigrainereli is not in any groups
fioricetmigrainereli

Migraine for health

Apr 21st 2015 at 3:30 AM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Migraine.jpg/230px-Migraine.jpg

Migraine headaches tend debut at people aged between 10 and 46. However, sometimes migraines occur later in life. Migraines occur more frequently in women than in men and may have a hereditary character.

What is migraine? http://christinejohn99.tumblr.com/post/116988269002/butalbital-headache-is-your-fiorcet-causing-your

Dr. Joel Saper, North American specialist in problems of migraine believes that "There is no pain so large that is so shrouded in myth, misinformation and so erroneously treated as migraine." Migraine, in the sense in which I gave Galen, concerned intense headache affecting half the head. It seems, however, that in less than 60% of cases of migraine have this particular location. Some believe that migraine headache is similar, being a variant thereof. Others argue instead that while headache is a symptom, migraine is a real disease.

Characteristics of migraine

Migraines typically characterized by the following features:

The pain is moderate or extreme and interferes with the normal course of usual activities.

The pain is localized on one side of the head (in 60% of cases) or both (the remaining 40% of cases).

The character of the pain is throbbing.

The pain is accompanied by nausea or vomiting.

The pain is accompanied by sensitivity to light and noise.

Types of migraine

Depending on the presence or absence of warning signs that manifest before the crisis itself, it speaks of migraine with aura and migraine without aura. Pain intensity can vary from one person to another as the duration and frequency with which it appears.

Migraine with aura . Migraine with aura and migraine called classic, there is intense pain located laterally on one half of the head and install it is preceded by premonitory phenomena called migraine aura. Aura may consist of visual disturbances (black spots, dots of light, numbness or tingling etc). The duration of a migraine crisis is several hours or days if the treatment is discontinued.

Migraine without aura . Migraine without aura is more common than with aura, for which is also called common, ordinary meaning. Its characteristic is that it is not preceded by aura or those phenomena occur simultaneously with painful crisis. Pain intensity can be as high duration is several hours and can also be accompanied by nausea, vomiting rarely.

Other accompanying symptoms . Notwithstanding the presence of aura, migraine headaches may be preceded, accompanied or followed by events such as agitation, anxiety, euphoria or depression, unusual thirst or hunger, dizziness etc.

0 comments
Please to comment

sign in

Username
Password
Remember Me


New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here