Liposuction – Facts To Know About The Procedure And Its Effectiveness
Obesity is one of the biggest, most difficult health problems being faced by the people of this world. I am actually going on to place this condition right up there with cancer and AIDS because the repercussions of obesity are catastrophic on the health of an individual and it is soon on its way to becoming an epidemic. The change in lifestyles as well as eating habits has led mankind to a situation where we are drowning under our own weight.
Sounding too much like a doomsday narrative?
The numbers speak for themselves. Too many people in the world have a bulge that just won’t budge. No matter how much they exercise and go on flash diets, that healthy, toned body remains elusive as ever. The health risks of being overweight however, will slowly be chipping away at your life. This is where the procedures like liposuction can help you attain your health goals.
There are various facts about liposuction that people are yet not aware of. The procedure has many variants available and there are various risks involved with it as well. This article will list out a few of them to help you understand the procedure a little better.
• The procedure, if performed correctly, can remove the excessive fat stored in the abdomen and other areas of your body, shrinking your skin and bringing it down to a good and healthy shape that is desirable.
• The best candidates for liposuction are normal-weight people with firm, elastic skin who have pockets of excess fat in certain areas. For drastically over-weight people, getting this procedure administered will involve substantial amounts of risks.
• A majority of liposuction procedures are administered on an outpatient basis, meaning that you do not have to be admitted into the hospital for an overnight stay. However, if your case involves a large volume procedure (5 liters or more), your surgeon may advise you to stay the night so they can observe your body’s reactions and stats.
• Thigh liposuction is often performed in conjunction with buttock liposuction. Pock marks or wrinkling of the skin where the fat is removed may require another procedure to firm up the skin following liposuction.
• This procedure is administered by specialized doctors, dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons who will mark the areas where you want the fat removed from your body. The procedure will involve an infusion of a solution into the affected area where the liposuction has to be performed.
• A liposuction cannula is a stainless steel tube inserted through an incision in the skin that is employed to suction the fat. During the procedure, patients are usually placed under the influence of a local anesthesia to ensure that they do not feel any discomfort while the procedure is underway.
Before you actually decide to get the procedure administered in your case, a patient should definitely take the time to understand the various aspects of pre and post operative care. You can also visit MikoPlasticSurgery.com - the best clinic for liposuction in Beverly Hills.
About The Author
Chris O’Donnelly is one of the most celebrated plastic surgeons in California who is also well known for the many interesting articles and blogs that he writes to help people understand various procedures. He recommends MikoPlasticSurgery.com as the name to trust for procedures like breast augmentation, facial reconstruction and even Rhinoplasty in California.