Learn To Save On Cost By Purchasing Refurbished Surgical Instruments
Jan 21st 2015 at 10:48 PM
Is replacing some old operating room instruments a better option than repairing them? Is it possible to repair minimally invasive instruments? Or how can you decide the right time of completely discarding an old instrument and replace it with a new one? If these are the questions you are facing then you will love to know that due to the availability of more sophisticated technology in the medical device refurbishment industry and easier access to replacement parts, a wide range of refurbished surgical instruments is now available and you can also easily refurbish many of your old equipments without any need of replacing them.
There is still a widespread misconception that new medical devices are always better and rapid technological advancement now turns a product obsolete in real quick time. But people often fail to conceive the fact that in case of many surgery instruments their primary physical properties do rarely change and there are also many equipment those can be upgraded to new technology when refurbished. As a matter of fact the nature of refurbishing industry has also considerably evolved during the last few years or so and a number of new opportunities are also now available in the market. The criteria for deciding whether you should refurbish or replace old Storz instruments changes as per individual requirements and if the cost of repairing or refurbishing an equipment is more than 50% to 70% of the price of a new equipment then as a rule of thumb replacing them is recommended. But that 30% to 50% that you can save on your purchase from online medical device sales is not at all a negligible amount and can actually save thousands of dollars for you.
Purchasing refurbished devices and equipments from online medical device companies like Medical Device Store is not at all a costly or stressful process and here are a few things those can really help you in saving money from their purchases.
• Always make sure that you receive a strong return on investment upon your purchase of medical devices and also try to maintain an accurate expectation regarding utilization of instruments.
• Be selective and always invest in quality. Purchasing highest grade products will also raise the level of satisfaction for your staff and surgeons.
• Most surgeons prefer to use equipments from specific brands and it is important that you make sure those are available with the vendor you are dealing with.
• You can also do some effective cost cutting by focusing on equipments those are not directly associated with performance and satisfaction of the surgeon.
• You can also streamline your purchase and buy only necessary products and components instead of complete sets for effective cost saving.
But under no circumstances you should be compromising with the quality, functional efficiency and accuracy of operating room instruments and there are also many highly specialized instruments those come with a significant amount of handling responsibility and purchasing those products online may not be a very good idea.
About The Author
Neil Jackson is a Medical Device Specialist who has been in the industry for more than a decade now. He has been regularly following the leading Medical Device Companies across the globe, especially the US. He has also authored quite a few Articles in the Medical Journals and loves to share his vast experience and knowledge.
Please sign in