followers view all
following view all
|Content is not in any groups|
Is Acupuncture Therapy Safe During Pregnancy?
Pregnancy is the most wonderful and rewarding time in a woman’s life. It can also be a very mentally and physically taxing time however. During pregnancy, a woman’s body is under many different types of stress. There are many minor illnesses and conditions that occur during this period. Most doctors do not recommend taking medication during pregnancy, so it’s important to find a treatment that works to help make your pregnancy as trouble-free as possible.
Acupuncture is well-known as a very effective treatment for boosting fertility and improving the chances of conception. But a sometimes overlooked fact about acupuncture is that it is also very beneficial for women who are pregnant.Is it Safe?
Unlike traditional medicine, acupuncture has no side effects. At Seapoint Acupuncture, we only ever use single-use, sterile disposable needles. Your practitioner will take a full health history and will decide on the best treatment plan to fit your needs. Acupuncture is a perfectly safe treatment for pregnant women and is commonly used to provide many health benefits to both mother and baby.Benefits
· Acupuncture can help to relieve morning sickness, heartburn and vomiting in pregnant women
· It can reduce different aches and pains, especially back pain, pelvic pain and carpal tunnel syndrome in the hands
· The release of endorphins can also help reduce fatigue, stress, anxiety and depression
· The digestive benefits of acupuncture help in the treatment of constipation and diarrhoea
· Acupuncture can reduce water retention and oedema during pregnancy, most notably on the hands and feet
· In some cases it can be used to induce labour – only ever after due date has passed
· Acupuncture is frequently used during labour for pain relief
The many benefits of acupuncture and the lack of side-effects make it an ideal treatment for pregnant women. We also offer post-natal care and advice. Always ensure that your consultant obstetrician and/or midwife is aware that you are having acupuncture.
|share||like 15||report||145 views|