followers view all
following view all
|healthcarenutrition is not in any groups|
In Russia, more than 20,000 children and adolescents have diabetes
Children usually the first type of diabetes - a kind of genetic defect in the immune system: antibodies destroy the cells of the pancreas, mistaking them for strangers. It is this gland produces insulin - a hormone that helps glucose get from the blood to all the body's cells. A glucose - it's the same "fuel" that runs the body.
If not enough insulin, glucose is not fully used, and sugar builds up in the blood begin metabolic malfunctions may occur different organs.
When diabetes is not enough insulin, and the sick child have to enter it in the form of drugs. That is why the first type of diabetes is called insulin.
In diabetes, the second type of the pancreas produces enough insulin, but the body's cells do not know how to react to it, and so glucose accumulates in the blood. It is a disease of adults usually obese. In children, this type of diabetes is rare.
Blame the genes? Not only
Not inherited by the disease itself, but a predisposition to it. If, for example, my mother first type diabetes, your risk for a child is 3-4%, if the pope - 7-8%, and if both - 15% and above.
Incidentally, if someone close to the child with diabetes of the second type, then, as an adult, by the age of 40-50, he also runs the risk of becoming a victim of diabetes
. But the risk of a "children's" diabetes is associated not only with the "bad" genetics, there are other hazards.
● Gestational diabetes (ie, when the increased blood sugar levels during pregnancy). If the fetus is developing in high sugar levels, his pancreas is experiencing high load and thus increases the risk of getting sick. http://piwik.pure-wanderlust.de/wandern/community/wanderberichte/joel-marion-review-lean-diet-perspective-nutritionist-0
● Artificial feeding. Most artificial mixture is based on cow's milk. This protein product in its molecular structure is similar to the proteins of pancreatic cells. And it is possible that the baby's immune system can begin to produce antibodies to the foreign protein and learn to "fight" with their own cells of the pancreas.
● Viral diseases. Especially dangerous chickenpox, mumps (mumps), influenza. During illness occurs intoxication. Modified beta cells that produce insulin - they become unrecognizable to its own immune system, and antibodies of the body start to destroy them.
Therefore, if a baby has a viral disease is more severe, certainly after recovery must pass his blood sugar. This will help not to miss the beginning of diabetes.
● Stress . Fright or fear of child trauma due to his parents' divorce and other strong emotions weaken the fragile child's immune system is not less than the infection, and can "spur" the development of diabetes.
The peak incidence of diabetes in children is necessary at primary school age - 7-10 years. Although in recent years, this "strip" is reduced. And more often diabetes is detected "accidentally" - for example, the child "picked up" a viral infection, a complication, he was in the hospital. As a rule, conducting a survey and - like a bombshell! - Blood sugar rolls. That's the insidiousness of diabetes: at first he skillfully concealed. And besides a long time. The classic signs of this devastating disease (thirst, frequent urination, weight loss with increased appetite) appear only when the body's own immune system had already destroyed a large number of beta cells in the pancreas. http://www.pitbullmusic.com/uk/node/268778
And what are the first signs of anxiety? They are known for. Parents should be wary if:
● The child has increased the need for sweet. Although all the children - a sweet tooth, but if the craving for sweets becomes irresistible, stands guard. This is because the cells of organs and tissues become worse metabolize sugar, but require their norm.
● The child does not tolerate large breaks between meals, it gives rise to specific hungry headaches.
● After 1.5-2 hours after eating the child has a feeling of weakness.
Noticed something like that? Do not postpone a visit to the pediatric endocrinology. Especially when your child relates to risk. If the doctor will "nasty suspicion," he would appoint blood and urine sugar. Morning fasting should donate blood, then immediately feed the child - give him a sandwich, yogurt or sweet tea. Two hours later - re-analysis to see how the body reacts to food intake.
The main thing - to keep quiet!
Learning about the grim diagnosis made by the child's parents are shocked. Yes, diabetes - until the disease is incurable. But millions of people suffering from this disease, get a good education, make a successful career, get married, give birth to healthy children. Endocrinologists are fond of repeating: diabetes - a lifestyle disease to manage. Learn that moms and dads can diabetes in schools, which operate in endocrinology departments of children's hospitals.
Control - is primarily properly treated. Each child has its own complicated treatment regimen, which should pick up the endocrinologist. Essence therapy - in constant control sugar levels using a glucometer and selecting the correct dose of insulin.
Normal traditional "technology" treatment involves multiple injections of insulin per day. The classical scheme - morning and evening entered a long insulin and 20-30 minutes before a meal - short. There are so-called ultra. Convenient to use, it begins to operate immediately or it may be administered after a meal, by selecting the dose depending on the amount of food eaten. Select the type and dose of insulin should endocrinologist, constantly monitoring blood sugar levels. Then much longer dose of medicine will remain minimal.
At the same time close the child should know that there are factors affecting the level of blood sugar, you need to keep in mind. For example, reducing sugars can cause intense physical exertion and even simple legwork. The same effect would be if a child does not eat or does it - intestinal infection, accompanied by vomiting and loose stools. And to raise the level of sugar in the blood can a large amount of sweet and fatty foods, colds, fever, stress.
If the blood sugar level is kept at a figure close to the norm, the child grows and develops normally. However, parents should always be on the lookout: diabetic complications may be different, so in addition to the endocrinologist child must be under the supervision of an ophthalmologist, neurologist, nephrologist. Optometrist twice a year should examine fundus and measure intraocular pressure. To monitor the status of the urinary tract is necessary at least twice a year to do urinalysis and blood chemistry.
Any disease of diabetes mellitus is much greater. Therefore it is important not to allow any chronic processes in the nasopharynx, kidney, intestines and other organs.
|share||like 8||report||71 views|