Hair Fall: Causes And Cure
Hair loss occurs due to a myriad range of reasons. If you are also suffering from hair loss and want to cure it then the first step for getting started is to find the reasons for hair loss.
Possible reasons for hair loss
About 1 million hair follicles are found in an adult’s scalp. The average person loses about hundred hairs each day, but they come back in five to six weeks and therefore it is normal. But if you started to lose more hairs then it is time to find out the reasons behind hair loss.
1) Ageing: ageing is a natural phenomenon, and you cannot avoid it. But you can control hair loss due to ageing by taking healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals. Garlic, green foods, vegetables, onion and water helps in delaying ageing. This food also helps in decreasing the amount of a hormone called DHT. This hormone blocks the follicles that result in hair loss.
2) Lack of minerals: some of the essential minerals such as copper, aluminum, iodine, zinc, calcium, iron and magnesium are required for healthy hairs. Mineral deficiency causes unregulated blood circulation and thus causes hair defects.
3) Lack of oxygen: it makes the hair follicles weak and results in drying of the scalp. Oxygen deficiency causes hair loss. When you take the high amount of saturated fat in your diet, it causes cholesterol deposition in your arteries. This decreases the blood flow and the lesser amount of oxygen reach to your tissues.
4) Medicinal side effects: not all medicines are useful. Some of the medicines cause hair loss because they contain elements like warfarin, lithium and amphetamines. The drugs containing these elements cause hair loss as side effects.Regular consumption of vitamin supplements can also help in aiding hair loss.
5) Genetic disease: hair loss occurs not only due to imbalanced food and medicinal side effects, but also due to genetic reasons. Male and female pattern baldness is a kind of genetic hair loss.
Treatments for hair loss
The following drugs are used for preventing hair loss and for hair re-growth:
1) Minoxidil: it is a drug used to promote hair re-growth. You can layer it directly on the scalp in the form of lotion or spray. It is available in the market with different names such as minoxidil foam or Rogaine foam. Minoxidil concentration is particular for men and women, therefore, minoxidil for women is different from minoxidil for men. There are three benefits of using minoxidil for hair fall treatment:
• Promotes hair growth
• Seals gaps and gives volume to your hair.
• Easily available on the internet.
2) Rogaine foam: it is an alcohol based solution. It helps in hair re-growth in a certain amount, and it can be applied directly on the scalp.
3) Finasteride: it is taken orally. It is a synthetic hormone that helps in pausing hair loss and promotes hair re-growth.
4) Retin-A: it can be used in combination with minoxidil to treat hair loss.
5) Proscar: it also contains finasteride which lowers the effect of DHT hormone and stops hair fall.
About The Author
Gillian Helmsworth is a renowned expert in the field of dermatology and hair care. She actively promotes the use of Rogaine foam for the treatment of hair loss in all kinds of people, no matter what their age, gender or ethnicity. She also advocates http://www.minoxidildirect.com/ to buy the best hair loss products from. You can read her articles to get the right information and tips for taking care of your hair.
|share||like 3||report||49 views|