Dental Implants: The Best Solution for a Lost Tooth
Replacing missing teeth is important not only to recover your lost smile but also to ensure your dental health. Lost teeth don't only ruin your once-killer smile, but affects your ability to chew, thus impacting your quality of life. More than this, when any of your natural teeth is left un-replaced, it can weaken neighbouring teeth or cause them to get tipped or to crowd. Missing teeth, therefore, create one problem after another.
Not only is having missing teeth embarrassing, it can worsen your mouth's condition over time, without proper treatment. Fortunately, there are ways to restore your old smile, prevent these resulting problems, regain your confidence, and restore your mouth health using brand new dental procedures. These cutting edge treatments offer a more permanent solution to missing and lost teeth, replacing them with implants that feel more natural and secure inside the mouth than conventional dentures.
Dental implants are not only recommended for cosmetic enhancement. In fact, they are a more ideal solution for people who want to improve their biting and chewing abilities and eliminate speaking difficulties caused by other dental implements that remedy their lost tooth/teeth. Some of the best advantages of getting dental implants are as follows:
- They reduce the load on remaining oral structures as they offer additional independent support as well as retention to bridgework, crowns, overdentures, and other dental implements.
- They preserve natural tooth tissue as the procedure to insert them avoids the need to cut or trim down adjacent teeth, such as in the case of conventional bridgework.
- The preserve bone, which in turn, significantly reduces bone resorption and deterioration. Bone resorption and deterioration causes the loss of jawbone height in most patients with missing/lost teeth.
- They reduce the need for subsequent restorative intervention for neighbouring or adjacent teeth.
- They last much longer than your typical teeth restoration treatments, making their high upfront costs worth it in the long run. Dental implants are also a lot easier to maintain as they act like natural teeth.
- They are excellent replacements for loose-fitting dentures as they offer better support, retention, and stability.
- They, together with overdentures help control and improve facial contours, which further results in preventing and minimizing premature wrinkles.
- They allow you to chew better, smile better, and speak better—abilities which are often impeded by other types of dental instruments, implements, and alternative treatments.
About the author:
The article writer Jerry Richards is associated with Docklands Dental. Dr. Daniel Collins and Dr. Gregg Barry established Docklands Dental with the aim of patient focused, high quality and affordable dentistry in a modern, comfortable and friendly environment. Docklands Dental offers high quality and affordable dentistry in Dublin and its surrounding areas.
|share||like 2||report||13 views|