Cannabis oil – Important Information
Cannabis sativa is a species of Cannabinaceae family of plants, and is also known as hemp. The plant contains the compound THC or delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, which is known to provide cannabis its characteristic psychoactive effects. The dried leaves and flowers of this plant are called marijuana. The dried part can be smoked or taken orally by various means. Various products derived from this plant have got different names and usage. The plant is cultivated as industrial hemp to obtain fiber which is used in textile manufacturing.
Also, people extract oil from various parts of this plant. They actually extract the good stuff and store safely to provide relief to some patients with epilepsy, joint pain, fibromyalgia, muscle spasm, chronic pain, cancer, insomnia, asthma, and various other medical conditions.
There are different methods and technologies which aid in cannabis oil extraction to keep the good components for medicinal use.
· Those under the influence of cannabis should not drive, operate machinery or get engaged in any hazardous activities.
· Under the influence of cannabis, people can experience drowsiness, dizziness and impaired judgment.
· One should not consume alcohol when using cannabis as it can increase the side-effects.
· Also, cannabis can accelerate the effects of other drugs which cause drowsiness. This effect can be seen even on antidepressants, sedatives, antihistamines, seizure medicines, muscle relaxants, pain relievers as well as anxiety medicines.
· The product is banned in most of the countries.
· Cannabis is a Schedule 1 substance, but many of the synthetic cannabinoid products like dronabinol and nabilone are promoted for their medicinal properties. These products are developed and researched under lab conditions.
· Marinol (dronabinol) is recommended to control nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing chemotherapy. Also, it is used in AIDS patient to stimulate appetite.
· Another product Cesamet (nabilone) is also recommended to patients for control of nausea and vomiting induced by chemotherapeutic agents, which aid in cancer treatment.
· Cannabis oil and some other products are also believed to offer help to multiple sclerosis patients, or people suffering from other medical conditions.
Cannabis oil extraction yields oil that is low in the compounds, which is responsible for the side-effects. The oil may also be consumed orally to treat some symptoms associated with some medicinal conditions. For their medicinal values, some states have amended the law making it available to people with some health concerns. However, the products have to be sold and purchased only from an authorized dealer. People should be extremely cautious while ordering these products, and take them only as a medicine.
|share||like 4||report||182 views|