followers view all
following view all
|healthcarenutrition is not in any groups|
Babysitting for children with diabetes
All who care for your child - from babysitting to adult relative - should be trained in basic diabetes care and what to do in an emergency.
Find a suitable nanny for a child with diabetes
nanny for a childThis can be a big problem for parents of children with diabetes. One great way to find an experienced babysitter, meet other families like yours.
Through the Internet site about diabetes , "Diabetes School" or clinic in your city, you can get acquainted with other families of children with diabetes.
Together, you can brainstorm some options babysitter, including:
• The alternate watching the children to each other.
• Joint training babysitter.
• Engaging adolescents and young adults with diabetes or older brothers (sisters) of children with diabetes.
Preparing nurse to work with children-diabetics
Before leaving the child in the care of someone, it is important that the nurse knew that every person with diabetes is different - and each have their diabetes treatment plan.
Prepare nurse her to know:
• What to do in an emergency. Describe when and how to administer glucagon. Show the babysitter where you store essentials for emergency care. Make sure your babysitter knows how to contact you with a question or in an emergency.
• How and when to check your blood glucose (blood sugar) and ketones. Demonstrate how to use the meter of your child, and then ask the nurse to practice the preparation of the meter and checking blood glucose level of your child. •
Range of your child's blood glucose. Provide detailed instructions on what to do if your blood glucose level is high or low. • How to use insulin.
Demonstrate the process of insulin and let your practice nurse. Record the mode of injection and the correct dose of insulin. •
Other signs your child and symptoms of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia and what to do if they occur.
Mealtime and snacking
Provide products for diabetes that your child likes. Involve your child in planning meals and snacks to ensure that it is ready to eat what you cook.
Give dates and babysitter menu for each meal and snack, and specify how you want to enter insulin to compensate for the food.
If your child refuses to eat or wants something different, consider a nanny with replacement products. Be sure to talk with your child about the importance of meals or snacks.
Need a nanny? Our recruitment agency will be happy to assist you. We will choose the best for your baby sitter at Metro Leninsky Prospekt , which will meet all your needs. Our agency can find a nanny with medical education, if this criterion is crucial for you.
|share||like 2||report||47 views|