|PureHerbalAyurvedCli is not in any groups|
Ayurvedic Herbal Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease
Alzheimer's disease is one of the most devastating conditions that a person could have, and sadly, it affects many people. In fact, the United States, the prevalence of this disease is estimated to be 1.6% in both overall and in the older 65 to 74 age group. The rate increases to 19% in the 75 to 84 age group, and then swells to a staggering 42% in the 84 and above age group.
To this day, Alzheimer's is believed to be an incurable and irreversible condition. Even with modern science, Alzheimer's disease cannot be completely treated or cured. However, you have the option to consider other remedies like Ayurvedic treatment to alleviate the symptoms or delay the most fatal of them. Ayurvedic treatment for Alzheimer's disease consists of lifestyle changes and herbal treatments.
A Disorder of the Vata
Ayurveda classifies Alzheimer's disease as a ‘Vata’ disorder. The causes of severe Vata provocation can be hereditary or acquired, or a combination. Acquired causes are often triggered by a stressful, coffee-driven, fast-paced lifestyle as well as environmental toxins that are believed to weaken the Majja Dhatu, including aluminium, pesticides, lead, herbicides, and other such toxins that weaken the central nervous system’s metabolic fire. To prevent or delay the disease, Ayurvedic practitioners recommend the use of herbs that can increase cognition and memory.
Herbs for Ayurvedic Alzheimer's Treatment
- The vacha root is one of the herbs used for treating dementia and neurological disorders. It is said to improve speech coordination and enhance one's speaking proficiency, and positively affect the brain's cells to enhance memory.
- Licorice is believed to be beneficial for mental disorders and for relieving an upset stomach. It may pacify the Vata Dosha to improve the symptoms of Alzheimer's.
- Ashwagandha is an Indian ginseng that is used in many different health conditions. It may stop the progression of Alzheimer's disease because it retards the degeneration of brain cells.
- Tagar may help an Alzheimer's patient to think and concentrate clearly, improving reasoning.
- Shankpushpi is a known brain tonic that can enhance the ability to remember recent events as it relieves mental stress and fatigue.
- Brahmi has natural bacopasides plant alkaloids that can slow down the progress of Alzheimer's disease and act as an anti-anxiety, anti-depressant, and tranquiliser.
- Turmeric is a known antioxidant with curcuminoids and curcumin, all of which can work to minimise free radicals in the body to improve overall health and immunity.
About the Author:Dr. Gurnam Singh Saini is an efficient, well experienced and fully qualified Ayurvedic Doctor with several success stories. His "PURE HERBAL AYURVED CLINIC” is situated in Wantirna, one of the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Pure Herbal Ayurved Clinic offers safe and reliable Ayurvedic Body Treatments. They also provide online Ayurvedic consultation. They figure in the list of the Best Herbalists, Naturopath and Ayurvedic Doctors in Melbourne, Australia. For more information you can visit their site www.pureherbalayurved.com.au.
|share||like 1||report||49 views|