followers 1 popularity
6
following 0

followers  view all

Groups
ronmiller is not in any groups
ronmiller

Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings

Sep 9th 2015 at 11:52 PM

Why tooth-colored fillings are better than metal fillings.

Tooth-colored fillings are dental fillings that mimic and restore the natural appearance of the tooth structure. These fillings are used to restore teeth that have decayed or fractured. Metal fillings have been used to fill cavities for years and years, but there are many advantages to using tooth-colored fillings.

 

These types of fillings closely match the natural color and appearance of your teeth. Have you ever noticed when someone laughs or smiles broadly that metal fillings are easily identifiable? This is not so with fillings that complement your teeth color. Fillings that match your teeth are confidence builders because most people appreciate a great, white smile.

 

Tooth-colored fillings bond to the tooth structure chemically and don’t require placement of grooves, slots or pins to mechanically retain them. The white fillings bond to the tooth to restore almost 95% of the original tooth’s strength.

 

The placement of such fillings does not always require numbing the area to be restored. Anesthesia is only required if the tooth decay has moved beneath the enamel layer and into the dentin layer, which surrounds the tooth’s nerve.

 

Some filling agents require days to harden, but white fillings harden in just a matter of seconds. Once the hole is filled, the tooth sensitivity is minimal and short, due to the use of the composite resin.

 

One of the greatest perks of white fillings is that they can be used on front teeth and not compromise the esthetics. A front, chipped tooth is easily fixed, and no one is the wiser.

 

Silver fillings can mask decay because they are opaque to X-Rays. Research suggests that if a dentist doesn’t use X-Rays on a patient with metal fillings, he can only see about 50% of what is happening around the tooth. The use of X-Rays bumps his ability to see to 80%-85%. So, that leaves 15%-20% that still cannot be seen because the metal blocks the damage. In some cases, this can be the difference between having just another filling or a root canal treatment.

 

White fillings don’t crack the teeth like metal fillings tend to. Dentists often see people in their late 40s that complain of sensitivity, which indicates deep cracks close to the nerve. These people likely had metal fillings installed in their early teens and are now feeling the effects.

 

If you are considering which type of product to use to restore your teeth, the advantages are quite clear regarding tooth-colored fillings. Additionally, it might be a good idea to start replacing your aging metal fillings. For tooth-filling in Apex, please visit this website.

Author Bio:-

Ron has years of experience in the dental world. You can find his thoughts at: Wordpress blog.

0 comments
Please to comment

sign in

Username
Password
Remember Me


New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here