Eyes can look tired either because of puffiness, wrinkles or Dark circles around the eyes. The puffiness on eyes appears as salt concentration increases in and around the eyes. You can noticed,
that after eating lot of salty food lately, your eyes might swell up in the morning. Puffiness can also occur due to watching television or working with computer screen till late night, due to lack of
sleep, mental tension that leads to stress on eyes, change in weather, headache, etc. These factors also lead to increase in salt concentration in and around the eyes.
Dark circles appear around the eyes because the blood vessels leaks out from the capillaries and thus making the vessels visible through the skin. This leads to discoloration of skin which may get
better in sometime but in some cases it might. This also leads to wrinkles around the eyes.
How to reduce Puffiness, wrinkles and Dark circles:
1. The best remedy is to first wash your eyes with a lot of cold water. This will give a soothing and relaxing feeling. Then drink a lot of water. Water is known to reduce toxin level by flushing
them out of the body, and thus level of salt reduces which finally reduces the puffiness.
2. Applying chilled and sliced Strawberries helps to make skin look smooth and young and thus reduces puffiness, wrinkles and dark circles. This property is due to presence of alpha
hydroxy acid in strawberries which dissolves the intercellular “glue” that makes old skin cells stick to the epidermis. Thus the outermost layer of your skin looks brighter and finer.
3. Applying Aloe Vera also reduces puffiness and wrinkles due to the presence of antioxidants and vitamin E. It reduces swelling by improving blood circulation and flushing out the fluids
from around the eye.
4. Applying sliced cucumber and potatoes diminish darkness and swelling. Juice of the same can also be applied with a cotton ball.
5. Tea bags are also considered as a beneficial treatment for dark circles. Place one cold tea bag on each eye and let it rest for a while. Pat it dry and you will see your eyes rejuvenated.
6. For quick results apply Bionova’s I-Gel. Use your ring finger to pat a small amount of I-Gel under your eyes. Best time to use it is in morning before starting your day. It will give a highly
soothing experience and you will start your day fresh with a glow on your face. If your under eye fine lines are more deeper or have darker shade of dark circles then apply three to four times a day. Bionova I-gel is a small size tube and easy to carry so that you may apply anywhere anytime.
Bionova I-Gel is mostly available in all the leading medical or pharmacy stores in India. Also available in chain of retail cosmetic stores, online stores etc. The price is Rs.425.00 per tube of 25 grams. This must last for almost 15 – 30 days depending on your usage.