5 Tips to Avoid Tooth Cavities
Tooth cavities are one of the most common dental problems. The good news is they are avoidable. Here are five things you can do to prevent cavities from forming.
1. Brush and floss daily. What matters more than the type or brand of toothbrush, toothpaste, or floss you buy is using them correctly or they won't keep your teeth clean? Review with your dentist the proper way to brush and floss.
2. Rinse your mouth. After eating and drinking, especially sugary substances, drink water to wash down remaining particles. Doesn't brush immediately or the particles could act as abrasives? If you are high risk for cavities, you may need to use fluoridated mouth wash, too.
3. Eat healthy food. Avoid sweets and foods that easily get stuck in your teeth, such as most snacks. Eat fruits and vegetables low in acid and get your daily dose of calcium and vitamin D to strengthen your teeth.
4. Visit your dentist regularly. Don't skip dental appointments, or it will cost you in the long run to suffer from and fix oral problems. Consult your dentist to find out how often you should visit. It could be as infrequent as annually if you're low risk.
5. Try dental treatments. One procedure you can get is sealants. They are protective coatings placed on your back teeth to seal off the nooks and crannies that trap food and to protect enamel from acid and plaque. Other options are fluoride or antibacterial treatments.
Taking care of your teeth significantly lowers cavity risk. If you already have them or are high risk, seeing a dentist becomes even more important. To learn more about dental crowns in Chapel Hill, visit this website.
Ron has years of experience in the dental world. You can find his thoughts at Tumblr blog.
|share||like 1||report||38 views|