followers view all
following view all
|man1health is not in any groups|
|For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.|
What All Men Should Know About Common Penis Problems
For all of the rough handling it takes, the penis is a delicate instrument, and making sure that it stays healthy and functional requires knowing a thing or two about what can go wrong. Taking the time to learn the facts about common penis disorders plus treating the pneis regularly with essential penis vitamins and minerals can help men to avoid issues such as loss of sensitivity, erectile problems and STDs.
Common Penis Disorders
The following are just some of the penis problems experienced by men of all ages.
• Balanitis - This inflammatory disorder can affect both circumcised and uncircumcised men and boys, although it is most common in men who are uncut. Balanitis, which can result in swelling, red penis, penis soreness and discharge, can be caused by irritation of the skin, poor hygiene, yeast (Candida) that live naturally on the skin, psoriasis and (in rare cases) certain types of skin cancer.
• Bent penis - While most men are not arrow-straight and experience some degree of curvature, men who have a condition known as Peyronie’s disease may have severe bending or curving during erections that can make penetration awkard. This condition is caused by a buildup of plaque under the penis skin, usually as a result of trauma or other damage to the penis.
• Erectile issues - Erectile dysfunction is one of the most common penis problems for which men seek medical treatment. While impotence can be caused by a multitude of underlying penis problems or other health issues, loss of penis sensation, poor circulation, emotional issues and obesity are some of the leading factors in ED.
• Foreskin problems - Men who are uncircumcised may be affected by a condition known as phimosis, in which the foreskin will not retract completely over the head of the penis. A related condition, paraphimosis, occurs when the foreskin retracts, but then tightens around the crown of the penis and cannot be pulled forward to its original position.
• Penile Fractures - When the penis is erect, forceful and sudden bending can cause the erectile chambers to rupture, resulting in penile fracture. A fracture is usually audible and accompanied by severe pain, as well as bruising and swelling. Immediate medical attention is necessary to repair the damage caused by the rupture.
• Priapism - According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, priapism is defined as prolonged engorgement of the penis, in other words a prolonged erection.. While the condition is rare, it is most often seen in in boys aged 5-10 years, as well as in men between the ages of 20 and 50. Priapism is not the result of sexual stimulation and can be quite painful; it should be considered as a medical emergency.
Avoiding penis problems and complications
While it is not possible to avoid everything that can go wrong with the penis, many common penis disorders can be avoided with proper care and attention to good hygiene and health habits. Following these suggestions can help keep the penis in prime condition:
• Always use protection - using a condom during sex not only helps to prevent the transmission of STDs, it can also stave off common skin infections that may be shared between partners, as well as protecting the skin from excessive friction.
• Follow a healthy diet, and maintain a reasonable body weight - obesity and poor physical condition can contribute to loss of penis sensation and erectile issues, as well as compromising the body’s ability to fight off disease.
• Quit smoking - tobacco use has been shown to increase the risk of erectile dysfunction, as well as reducing blood flow to the penis and contributing to loss of penile sensation.
• Treat the penis skin with a high-quality penis health formula (most health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil). Penis vitamins and minerals (including vitamins A, C, B5, E and D) as well as essential amino acids and moisturizers, can help to keep the skin and well-hydrated, decrease the risk of contracting infections and other diseases, and prevent overuse injury, as well as supporting overall skin, nerve and circulatory health.
For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
|share||like 22||report||213 views|