followers view all
following view all
|man1health is not in any groups|
|For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.|
Weird but True- Six Surprising Facts about the Penis
Every guy has one, and as the saying goes, it’s as familiar as the back of the hand – right? Actually, as much as the penis is an important part of every man’s life, not everything about it is obvious, and most men can learn a thing or two about its anatomy, its inner workings, and how to keep the penis healthy and ready for action. Guys who think they know everything there is to know about the manhood can put their knowledge to the test here:
1. The penis is actually about twice as long as it looks – good news for guys who are worried about their penis size. The external shaft is not the whole story; the remainder of the penis is rooted deep inside the pelvis, supported by connective tissue, giving it the thrusting power needed to penetrate a partner.
2. The foreskin is not just an extra bit of flesh – in fact, the foreskin has a number of important functions aside from just covering the glans when the penis is flaccid. In infants, this fold of skin, which is also known as the prepuce, serves to protect the delicate tissue underneath from urine and fecal matter. The prepuce is also filled with neural tissue and contributes to the sensitivity of the penis, as well as acting as a natural lubricant during intercourse.
3. The smallest penis size ever measured in a human was 5/8 of an inch. On the other hand, the largest penis on record was 13.5 inches long. Fortunately for women, most men fall somewhere within the 4.5 to 5.5 inch range – more than enough to come in contact with all of the inside of a vagina.
4. Speaking of penis size, the best way to increase it is… to lose weight. It’s true – since penis function is not dependent on how big it is (see item 3 above), concerns about penis size are really all about perception. Therefore, the most effective – and realistic – way to address the size issue is to make it look bigger. Easy enough – losing even an inch or two off the waistline can make the penis appear more prominent. As an added measure, shaving and keeping the area well-groomed can allow more of the majesty to shine through.
5. The average number of erections per day – 11 (during the waking hours). Add another 9 for nighttime wood. On the other hand, once an erection is… spent… it can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 weeks to get it back. This recovery time is known as the refractory period.
6. The penis can be a fashion statement – Tribal men in northern Uganda weight their penises in order to make them longer. In some cases, they are so successful that they have to knot them up to keep them from dragging. In the New Hebrides, men wrap their penises in yards of cloth – making them appear up to 17 inches long. Royal fashion in Europe in the 14th century also made allowances for the penis – men who were handsomely endowed were permitted to display their packages, allowing them to hang from underneath a short tunic.
Care and feeding of the penis
Regardless of the condition of the penis in terms of its size, girth, or status as a fashion accessory, it needs to be nourished, just like the rest of the body. Keeping the penis smooth, supple, attractive and responsive to sexual stimuli requires proper nutrition. Applying a penis vitamin crème (most health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) containing nutrients such as vitamin C (to support the blood vessels and connective tissue), vitamin A (to maintain the skin’s youthful, supple texture), amino acids (for nerve tissue health); and natural moisturizers such as shea butter may help to reduce signs of premature aging, prevent irritation and dryness, and improve the overall health and appearance of the penis.
For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
|share||like 22||report||218 views|