followers view all
following view all
|man1health is not in any groups|
|For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.|
Stopping Penis Pain - The 5 Most Common Problems and When to Go to the Doctor
Men are notorious doctor skippers and delayers, often putting off the inevitable for as long as possible. When it comes to the penis, however, this practice is especially frowned upon. A man’s physical and sexual health are both impacted by the well-being of his Johnson; therefore, when it comes to penis pain, he shouldn’t mess around. Certain infections and penis problems can be spread to other individuals during sex; they can cause long-term damage to the penis, and they can even cause sterility – so men need to buck up and go to the doctor! Learn more about 5 common types of penis pain and why a trip to the doctor is important to keep the penis healthy.
1) Weird Bump, Lump or Rash: No man wants to see an unfriendly bump staring back at him from his manhood. A bump on the junk may be something as simple as a penis pimple that will clear up on its own in a few days, but it could also be something more serious, like a symptom of a sexually transmitted infection (STI). In serious situations, a suspicious bump or nodule that is accompanied by pain may even be a symptom of cancer. If the bump doesn’t clear up in a day or two, head to the doc to get the A-OK – especially before having sex again.
2) Hurts to pee: Pain during urination is unpleasant, to say the least. Several culprits could be to blame when a man is having trouble tinkling. He may have a urinary tract infection, kidney infection, bladder infection, stones, STI or an enlarged prostate. If the painful urination persists for a day or more, he should head to the doc. A doctor can give meds to help with the pain, clear the infection and determine whether a stronger course of action is needed.
3) Pain during sex: Painful sex is probably the worst kind of penis pain for any man. Not only does his penis hurt, but he is unable to enjoy his favorite activity! Sex is not supposed to be painful, so if it is – or if ejaculation is suddenly painful – don’t mess around; get to the doctor right away. Sudden pain during sex or ejaculation may be caused by an STI, nerve damage to the penis, swelling or infection of the urethra, prostate gland or testicles, or even prostate cancer. When things are going wrong with a man’s plumbing, it’s definitely time to make an appointment – lest it make things worse for the long haul!
4) Penis injury: An injury to the penis is probably the most obvious cause of pain. Even still, a trip to the ER is important because -- believe it or not -- a man can break his penis! A severe trauma to the area can cause tissue damage that may in turn create scar tissue. This scar tissue, in some cases, causes a permanent curvature of the penis known as Peyronie’s disease, making sex painful and downright difficult.
5) Foreskin pain: Occasionally, only a man’s foreskin is experiencing pain. This may be caused by an infection under the foreskin or a failure of the foreskin to fully retract. If it is a single incident it is probably no big deal, but persistent, frequent or recurrent irritation, swelling or infection of the foreskin may need surgery or even a full or partial circumcision to correct. So don’t delay getting help when it comes to foreskin pain!
Staying Sexually Healthy
In addition to making regular checkups to the doctor and following up on weird penis bumps, men can do other things to take control of their sexual health. Using a condom each and every time can help drastically reduce the chance of contracting an STI – so wrap it up! Daily use of a penis vitamin lotion (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) especially one containing vitamin A, can also help keep the penis healthy. Vitamin A helps fight bacteria -- a leading cause of many types of infections and irritations -- so applying a penis lotion immediately after taking a shower can help reduce nasty infection causing bacteria.
|share||like 9||report||145 views|