followers view all
following view all
|man1health is not in any groups|
|For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.|
Problem Penis Skin – a User’s Guide to Common Penile Concerns
When it comes to penis health, most men have some idea of the issues that impact erectile function and other, more serious penile concerns. On the other hand, when it comes to everyday issues like problems with the penis skin, guys are often at a loss, and they may feel embarrassed about talking to their doctor. It is always important to bring any concerns about penis health to the attention of a qualified medical professional, no matter how trivial they may seem on the surface. On the other hand, it helps to be aware of some common issues that may affect the sensitive skin of the member, as well as the common-sense steps that can treat them.
1) Dry skin. The skin of the penis is subject to some pretty rough treatment, and friction and chafing is often a fact of daily life. This abuse can result in skin that is dry, flaky and unattractive; and it can become very sore if steps are not taken to treat it.
Dryness can also be caused by common skin ailments such as yeast infection or exposure to chemical irritants, such as spermicides, detergents, and alcohol-based fragrances. Avoiding known irritants and using sensitive skin products for cleansing can help to reduce dryness; and, of course, it is important to hydrate from the inside out by drinking plenty of water.
2) Redness. Aside from the healthy blush of a fully engorged penis, the appearance of a red, chafed member can be a cause for alarm. Reddened penile skin may be due to nothing more than the friction of a vigorous solo session or an especially enthusiastic partner encounter; however, it may indicate an underlying condition such as balanitis, a fungal infection, or an allergic skin reaction.
Friction-based redness can be easily resolved by leaving things alone for a day or two; any discomfort may be relieved by applying a cool compress (not ice, which can cause frostbite on the delicate skin down there). Other types of redness should be evaluated by a doctor for targeted treatment to ensure proper healing.
3) Itching. An occasional urge to scratch the cojones is not a big deal, but a persistent itch can become a major nuisance and may indicate an underlying problem. Simple dryness can cause itching, but so can allergies, jock itch, yeast infection, and dermatitis. Poor hygiene is also a common culprit here. Identifying the exact cause is important to determine the type of treatment needed, whether this entails more attention to bathing regularly or the use of a topical cream.
4) Soreness and swelling. Sore, tender penis skin can sometimes be attributed to aggressive use; but inflammation can also be a sign of infection. One common type of infection, known as balanitis, typically affects the foreskin in uncircumcised men. Poor hygiene is the general cause, and it is typically treated by attention to cleaning. Sexually transmitted infections may also cause soreness and swelling, so testing is a must to be sure that the right condition is being treated.
5) Loss of sensation. The penile skin is fairly resilient, but years of rough handling – especially dry and/or aggressive masturbation – can cause a protective layer of keratinized tissue to form. This toughened skin can significantly reduce the sensation that men are able to feel. Using a quality moisturizer such as a high-end penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) can supply the vitamins and other nutrients that are needed to restore smooth, supple skin; and continued use of a personal lubricant for all sensual activity – both solo and with a partner – is suggested to limit the formation of keratinized tissue.
Visit http://www.man1health.com for additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
|share||like 18||report||144 views|