followers view all
following view all
|man1health is not in any groups|
|For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.|
Monthly Penis Care – Getting Up Close and Personal with the Manhood in the Mirror
When it comes to a man’s twig and berries, one can never be too careful. A serious penis problem can derail an otherwise healthy sex life, cause fertility issues or even put a man’s life at risk. Even still, many men avoid going to the doctor for below the belt problems. A man may feel embarrassed to talk about his sex life with a doctor, or may simply be afraid of what the doctor will find. Luckily, there are a few ways to evaluate and maintain one’s penis health at home; however, if a problem does come up, it is time to suck it up and go to the doctor like a big boy!
A medical examination of the bedroom equipment can be an embarrassing situation for even the most confident of men – and who can blame them? Nobody really wants a virtual stranger getting up close and personal with his business, but regular examinations are essential to maintaining the health of the penis. Luckily, an at-home self-examination is easy to perform and can help keep things in order between the annual trip to the doctor. Yes, both are needed! Doctors recommend monthly self-examinations for testicular cancer in addition to the screen performed in office during the yearly physical – remember prevention is key.
How to perform a self-examination
1. First of all, grab a mirror. It may not be a pretty sight, but there are some angles a man simply cannot see without a hand mirror – it’s time to get a good look.
2. Give the whole area a good looking over to notice any bumps, sores or lumps that are visible to the naked eye.
3. Next, hop in a warm bath or shower. This helps relax the scrotum skin, making it easier to feel the testicles.
4. Gently palpate the testicles, feeling for any lumps, bumps or swelling that are out of the ordinary. Both testicles should feel smooth except for one small bumpy area on the top and back of the testicle where the duct that transports sperm lies. Roll the testicle back and forth between the thumb and forefinger gently to feel the entire unit.
5. Examine the entire area carefully. In the case of pubic hair, be sure to spread hair so that skin is exposed.
6. Compare the size and shape of the testicles. It is normal for one to be a little bigger than the other and to hang lower, but the shapes should be fairly uniform.
When to see the doctor
Checking the area regularly is the best way to notice change; the more familiar one is with the terrain, the easier it is to feel something out of the ordinary. It is worth a trip to the doctor if any of the following symptoms should appear during a monthly exam:
§ Discharge, blood or pus oozing from the penis
§ Blood in the urine or ejaculate
§ A lump or bump in one testicle
§ Pain, swelling, or tenderness of the area
§ Swelling or fluid built up in the scrotum
§ A noticeable increase in the size of one or both testicles
§ A feeling that the scrotum is heavy or dragging
§ Enlargement of the pectoral tissue – or man boobs – with or without soreness
Penis care measures
In addition to performing a monthly self-examination to monitor for testicular cancer or other concerns, there are a few basic tips a man can abide by to keep his manhood healthy for the long haul.
§ Wrap it up – i.e. always use a condom to prevent the transmission of diseases.
§ Exercise – what is good for the heart is good for the penis. A good cardio routine can improve circulation to the penis and lead to a big payout in the bedroom.
§ Keep it clean – proper hygiene is important to stave of infection, yeast and odor; be sure to get in there with a gentle soap on a daily basis.
§ Extra nutrition for the penis – daily use of a penis vitamin cream (most professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) can protect the penis from infection, improve the quality of the skin, boost circulation and reduce signs of aging. Slather on daily for a healthier penis in no time.
Visit www.man1health.com for more information about treating common problems such as a sore penis, dry skin, redness and loss of penis sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
|share||like 15||report||151 views|