followers view all
following view all
|man1health is not in any groups|
|For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.|
Itchy Penis Woes and How Shaving Can Help Stop the Scratching
Every guy experiences an itchy penis at some time or another; for some guys, it can become a chronic situation. Since no man likes to be caught out in public furiously scratching his equipment, finding a way to stop the itching is important. Ensuring proper penis health is essential to addressing the problem, but sometimes men also opt for manscaping.
To shave or not to shave
Does crotch shaving actually have an effect on an itchy penis? It largely depends on who you ask. Some men swear that it makes no difference; others insist that it makes a huge one. Ultimately it seems to depend upon the individual.
So what are some of the pros and cons of taking a razor to the old pubes?
1. With no hair, the crotch is not quite as warm and so sweats somewhat less; what sweat there is doesn't collect in the hairs. A moist crotch is a breeding ground for bacteria, which can cause penile itching.
2. Sometimes the way in which pubic hair touches the penis is the cause of the itching.
3. Hairs can become ingrown, which causes discomfort and encourages scratching.
4. The groin can be easier to keep clean when there isn't a lot of hair in the way.
5. If one is using any lotions or ointments to relieve itching (or for any other reason), it is easier to apply them (and to apply them more smoothly and evenly) if the area is hairless.
6. Many men find that their penises appear longer without a bush of hair surrounding them. (This, of course, has nothing to do with itching, but most men are happy to consider any option that adds to the appearance of their endowment.)
7. Some women are more likely to perform orally on a shaven penis than on one that is surrounded by hair. (Again, this has nothing to do with itching, but most men are happy to consider any option that adds to the chance of receiving fellatio.)
1. A guy doesn't have to be John Wayne Bobbitt to feel uncomfortable with a razor swinging around his crotch.
2. When the crotch is shaved for the first time, it actually will itch more for the first day or so. In addition, when hairs start growing back in, they tend to add to the itch factor; as a result, it's necessary to keep the crotch regularly shaved in order to keep the itching at bay. Some men may find that this is too high maintenance for them.
3. A guy will need to use shaving cream and some men may find that their skin reacts negatively to the ingredients in the cream.
4. Clean-shaven men may find the sensation of a woman's pubic hair brushing against their denuded groin during intercourse unfamiliar and uncomfortable. (Others may find that exciting; still others may have a partner with a shaved crotch and therefore may not consider this an issue.)
5. While more and more men opt for a de-pubed look, it may still make one feel self-conscious when walking around the locker room.
As noted above, to shave or not to shave is a matter of personal preference. Whether one shaves or stays hairy, it's a good idea to respond to chronic crotch itch by making sure that no disease is causing it; seeing if switching body soap or laundry detergent can make a difference; checking that nothing in the diet is causing an allergic reaction; and keeping the penis moisturized and in good general health.
One recommendation for fighting an itchy penis is to consistently use a penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil). It's a good idea to look for a cream with shea butter, a natural extract from the fruit of the shea tree, which helps heal dermatological issues. Those with vitamin E can also help protect against irritated penile skin; a cream that also includes vitamin A is even better, as that ingredient has anti-bacterial qualities that are a bonus.
For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.man1health.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
|share||like 12||report||137 views|