followers view all
following view all
|man1health is not in any groups|
|For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.|
Erectile Function and Cardiovascular Health – Exploring the Heart-Erection Connection
The heart-erection link explained
All aspects of a man’s health can ultimately affect his erectile function and ability to keep things going in the bedroom. Cardiovascular health, in particular, plays a tremendous role in this respect. Men who have reduced blood flow – whether due to decreased heart function itself or due to hardened or clogged arteries (a condition known as atherosclerosis) are highly likely to develop erectile issues as a result. In addition, poor heart health and diabetes are closely linked; patients who are being treated for morbidly high blood sugar are prone to nerve damage that disrupts the signals between the brain and penis that are needed to trigger an erection.
From a mental health standpoint, depression and anxiety have been linked to both heart disease and erectile dysfunction; treating emotional issues such as these can help to restore adequate sexual function, as well. Fortunately for most men, treating the underlying health problem can help to combat loss of function. With extra attention to penis health, as well, many men can overcome impotence issues and once again enjoy a healthy and satisfying sex life.
5 lifestyle changes for healthy erectile function
1. Lose weight. Being overweight puts extra strain on the heart, and men who are obese are often lacking in the stamina needed to take an encounter from start to finish. On top of this, abdominal fat tends to disrupt testosterone production, further reducing a man’s sex drive. Losing the spare tire can not only help a man to feel more confident and attractive; it can also help him spring into action more efficiently when the time is right.
2. Work out. The increased blood flow caused by a cardio workout stimulates the production of nitric oxide, a chemical in the body that dilates the blood vessels, allowing the penis to fill with blood more readily. Men who exercise regularly are more likely to have strong, firm erections.
3. Quit smoking. Men who smoke are twice as likely as non-smokers to develop erectile issues. Smoking clamps down on the blood vessels, significantly restricting blood flow and limiting the ability to achieve and maintain an erection.
4. Avoid a full stomach at playtime. Eating a big meal and/or consuming alcohol causes extra blood to be diverted to the abdominal area and digestive tract. While the blood is busy fueling digestion, less is available to fuel an erection. Avoiding eating for at least two hours before sex can free up the blood flow to take care of business in the sack.
5. Supplement. Men who supplement with the amino acid L-arginine are at an advantage, because this important nutrient stimulates the production of nitric oxide, which is needed for forming and maintaining an erection. Men who elect to take supplements should consult a doctor beforehand.
Care and upkeep of the penis
If the condition of the penis is not up to par, then performance can be a problem regardless of how efficiently the heart is pumping. But as most men know, a lifetime of rough treatment can wreak havoc on the penis. A tight grip during alone time can lead to peripheral nerve damage that ultimately dulls penis sensation, and lack of lube can cause minute tears that toughens the skin, giving it an unattractive appearance and further reducing the ability to sense pleasurable touch.
In order to keep the penis in good repair and able to rise to any occasion, proper attention to care and maintenance is required. Wearing non-restrictive clothing can help boost circulation to the area, allowing for oxygenation of the skin and nerve cells. A daily wash is beneficial in clearing away built-up body fluids and dead skin cells; and applying a high-quality penis health cream (most health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) is an ideal way to ensure that the penis absorbs the vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids (including L-arginine) that are needed to continually repair minor tissue damage that can lead to loss of sensation. A quality cream will also contain natural moisturizers such as Shea butter, which leaves the skin feeling soft, smooth and responsive.
For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
|share||like 24||report||193 views|