followers view all
following view all
|man1health is not in any groups|
|For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.|
Circumcision and Loss of Penis Sensation - Weighing the Risks and Benefits
The question of whether circumcision has any medical benefit is a contentious topic. Opponents of the procedure often view the surgical ablation of the foreskin as mutilation that leaves a man with only a partially-functioning member, while those in favor point out that circumcision can reduce the risk of serious disease, as well as making it easier to maintain adequate personal hygiene. In either case, the right penis care can make all the difference when it comes to a healthy and happy manhood.
Whether a man was circumcised at birth or in childhood, or he is dealing with issues that make surgery a reasonable option for treatment, or he plans to remain intact for the rest of his life, understanding the risks and benefits can help a man to provide appropriate care for his manhood.
1. Loss of penis sensation – The biggest complaint offered by those who are opposed to surgical ablation is that removing the sensitive tissue of the foreskin deadens much of the sensation to be experienced by an intact member, leaving men at a loss when it comes to sensual pleasure. On the other hand, research has not borne out this concern, so it may simply be that sensation is in the eye – or shaft – of the beholder.
2. Mismanaged surgery and scarring – As with any surgical procedure, there are things that can go wrong. Some unfortunate patients have been left with scarring, or even a bridge of skin that remains attached to the glans, causing issues like painful erections and difficulty having intercourse.
3. Keratinization of the underlying tissue – Aside from the possible risk of nerve damage, exposing the soft tissue under the foreskin leaves it open to abrasion, drying, and other incidental damage from the environment. If steps are not taken to mitigate this problem, the head of the penis can, indeed, become dry, possibly with a wrinkled appearance, and with a thicker layer of dermal tissue (a process known as keratinization). All of these can lead to a perception of reduced sensitivity. Treating the glans and shaft with high-quality moisturizers can help to alleviate this issue.
1. Simplified care - Without the enclosing layer of foreskin, keeping the penis clean becomes much easier, as there is little accumulation of dead skin cells and body oils – smegma – that can create an unpleasant smell and increase the risk of infection.
2. Reduced risk of minor skin infections – Because there is no place for smegma – and the bacteria that is attracted to it – to accumulate, men who are circumcised are less likely to suffer from minor, but potentially painful infections such as Balanitis.
3. Lower rate of sexually transmitted infection – Research has shown that men who are circumcised are less likely to contract STDs – including potentially life-threatening illnesses such as HIV/AIDS.
4. Lower risk of penile cancer – Removing the foreskin also reduces the risk of developing certain types of penile cancers; in fact, for men who are at risk for the disease, circumcision is often recommended by medical professionals
Superior care for all penis types
Cut or uncut, proper care of the penis can help a man to keep it healthy, responsive and a source of enjoyment for years to come. Using protection for every encounter is essential in terms of preventing disease, and good hygiene – including a daily shower or bath – can help to reduce the risk for infection as well as keeping the skin looking and feeling attractive. Adding a top-notch penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) to the daily care regimen can help a man go one step further in the quest to keep the penis both disease-free and attractive. Natural emollients and vital nutrients can maintain the surface integrity of the skin, promote nerve and skin health, and leave the penis supple and responsive to every touch.
For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.man1health.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
|share||like 17||report||161 views|