Top Hair Extension Trends This Festival Season
Summer season has to be one of the most favourite times of the year for most people. Swim suits see the sun, cocktails replace wine, and tan becomes the new sexy! But for women who wear hair extensions, the season can be slightly tricky. How should you keep your hair extensions looking their best while they brave the elements?
Here are the top 3 hair trends for the festival season:
Wearing your barnet in sexy urban waves is one of the most common festival hair trends. After all, who doesn’t want to look like a bohemian surfer chick who lets the sun dry her tresses all naturally and was left with to-die-for, perfectly coiffed waves.
Although it may seem easy to get the boho waves, it’s a challenge to make them last long and look good! The idea is to make your hair wavy using a curling iron without a defined curl pattern. So here’s how you can achieve the soft yet glamorous tousled look:
1. Firstly, protect your hair extensions against heat by spraying the Hair Extensions Thermal Protection Serum Spray from Hair Xtensions. The product is formulated primarily to protect the hair extensions from curling irons, straighteners, tongs and other heated styling tools. Similarly, protect your natural hair with a thermal protection spray.
2. Take a strand of your hair extension and wrap it around the curling iron towards your face.
3. Unwrap the strand, and without letting go off re-wrap it around the curling iron, this time in the opposite direction, away from your face.
4. Hold it for about 5-7 seconds and let go. Curl your natural hair the same way.
5. Then attach your hair extensions and instead of brushing the hair, run your fingers through them gently to loosen up the curls and blend the extensions with your natural hair.
Don’t you envy Blake Lively’s side braid that she flaunts on every red carpet, and never fails to drop jaws? Well, now you too can recreate the messy side braid with your hair extensions.
1. Once you have attached your hair extensions, get all your hair on one side, divide them into 3 strands and loosely plait a braid, then tie the end with clear elastic.
2. To create the messiness, gently tug on random ‘elbows’ of the braid.
3. Curl away any loose hair away from your face.
4. Adorn with accessories.
Ponytails are a neat and low maintenance hair trend to rock at festivals. For a voluminous ponytail, just follow these steps:
1. Before you attach your hair extensions, wash your hair, run a volumising mousse and proceed to blow dry.
2. Gently backcomb the roots of your hair.
3. Attach the hair extensions and gather the hair in a high ponytail.
4. Complete the look with the Balmain Hair Extensions Aftercare Spray Shine from Hair Xtensions.
You’re ready to hit the waves!
|share||like 4||report||54 views|