followers view all
following view all
|chuckdeean is not in any groups|
Methods for pearl necklaces cleaning
Pearls are beautiful, aesthetic but also fragile material for jewellery making and depending on the way you store them and the amount of negative conditions they are exposed to, they might serve you for long years. Pearls can be easily scratched so you have to take proper care of them and follow some simple rules for cleaning in order to keep their unique beauty for longer. Establishing a habit of cleaning the pearls on regular basis is a really good start.
- Like any other jewellery, pearls accumulate debris such as hand lotion, hair spray, make up, perfume. Since the pearls are too vulnerable to chemicals, make sure you have already dressed up and applied your make up before placing the pearl necklace back.
- If you use a body lotion, it should dry completely otherwise, its ingredients may cause damage to the pearls
- The easiest way to get your pearl necklace cleaned by using home made detergents is dampen a soft cloth and gently clean each one of them. If they are too dirty – mix some warm water and soap then dampen the cloth. Don't apply any vigorous detergents like bleach or ammonia. As a matter of fact, most professional jewellery cleaning detergents contain ammonia which makes them absolutely improper for pearl cleaning. Scrubbing the pearls is not a wise solution as well. Unlike diamonds, pearls must not be treated with any kind of brush, even the softest one. The only material that should be in a direct contact with your precious pearls is an appropriate cloth.
- According to a popular belief, the best way to clean pearls is to soak them in salty water because they come from the ocean.
- If your pearls have stains, try to clean them with mild water where a drop of cleaning detergent is dissolved. Then, you can rinse with mineral water.
- Any direct contact with perfume, hair spray, body lotions damages to the pearls and what's more, the chemicals they contain make the necklace thread thinner. Clean the pearls one by one right away if an accident happens and they are in contact with acid such as vinegar.
If you take utmost care to your necklace on daily basis, you can save yourself a lot of troubles in the future. Their proper maintenance is not as difficult as it seems. Spend a few minutes a day to get them cleaned and they can be preserved for generations ahead. Of course, there is plenty of detergents created especially for pearls cleaning. Follow the instructions, on the label and get your necklace as shiny as never before. You just have to put in some efforts and determination. After the cleaning procedure, carefully store the necklace in a special box in order to keep it protected and in a good condition. If you carelessly toss them into your purse, you risk to lose their shiny condition. However, there is a popular saying that claims “Pearls want to be worn”
Author Bio: Chuck Dean loves to write about diamonds, necklaces, fashion, cleaning and many different topics. His company offers in London tenancy cleaning services.
|share||like 13||report||75 views|