followers view all
following view all
|SherryA is not in any groups|
Eye lift – What to expect
Eyelid lift surgery, also called blepharoplasty, is done to repair sagging or drooping upper eyelids (ptosis). Because the area around the eye does not have its own oil glands, it loses moisture and loss of elasticity occurs naturally with increasing age. There are also people who are born with hanging eyelids or develop diseases (such as myasthenia gravis) that can cause eyelid drooping.
Why to do it:
1) When excessive skin starts to interfere with eyelid function, or interferes with vision.
2) For cosmetic purposes, to improve appearance. An eyelid lift may be done on the upper, lower, or both areas of the eyelid. It may also be combined with other facial surgery, such as a brow lift or facelift.
What to expect:
1) Eyelid surgery rarely requires a hospital stay. The surgery is done in a surgeon’s office or as outpatient surgery in a medical center.
2) The surgeon will inject numbing medicine around the eye, and administer anti-anxiety medicine before the surgery. Eyelid lift is usually done while patients are awake.
3) The surgeon will make tiny incisions into the folds of the eyelids, and then remove loose skin and extra fat tissue. After tightening the eyelid muscles, the surgeon stitches the area.
4) Patients usually go home the day of surgery. There will be ointment and bandages covering the eyes. Eyelids may feel tight and sore as the numbing medicine wears off. Over-the-counter or prescription pain medication and may be prescribed. Eye drops may also be recommended to reduce burning / itching.
5) Your doctor may recommend eye drops to reduce burning or itching. There may be blurred or unclear vision for 2-3 days. Contact lenses may not be worn for at least 2 weeks. Cold packs may be used to reduce swelling and bruising.
6) It is advisable to keep the head raised up as much as possible for several days and to minimize activities for 3 to 5 days. Strenuous activities that raise the blood pressure should be avoided for about 3 weeks.
NOTE : This Article is originally posted by plasticsurgeryblog.
|share||like 21||report||221 views|