Contract Filling Services – Things to Consider Before Hiring
The world of fast moving consumer goods, more specifically cosmetics, has been advancing leaps and bounds in the last few decades. With the many innovations changing the way this industry functions and the focus of manufacturers on offering end users with a satisfactory experience, every single day brings something new and exciting to the market. The cut throat competition in the industry is another factor that is ushering industry players towards trying out new and improved means to please customers. It isn’t just about quality goods and effective marketing anymore. Product packaging, its design and utility are equally important factors to consider when it comes to improving end user experience.
Product packaging is now a specialized activity that you can entrust to professionals who offer solutions that are perfectly suitable to specific needs of manufacturers. They are called contract filling companies and offer a range of services like bellow bottle packaging, sachet filling, single dose packaging and the like. If you too are a manufacturer of personal care or OTC products and are looking for such a service provider to streamline your packaging function, you will need to bear a few factors in mind.
· First thing will be to analyse your product itself. Its characteristics will help you determine the specific packaging form that will be best for your requirements. Liquids, solids, semi-solids, powders, viscous liquids – all have different packaging considerations that need to be dealt with in their own specific ways.
· Once you are through with product analysis, the next step should be going through the solutions offered by the contract filling service provider. Companies generally categorise their offering based on product type as well as packaging type. Each product type will have a list of packaging solutions listed as best suiting for it. From here, you should examine each one and figure out which is best for needs.
· The material being used for packaging and the chemical composition of the product being packaged will determine whether the container will be air filled, vacuum packed or air free. This is another decision that you will have to make.
· Durability of the containers is also an important aspect to look into. The material should be strong enough to prevent any spillage or product damage.
· The size and shape of the product should also be looked into. Certain product types, like perfumes for example, as generally packed in certain types of containers. Same is the case with creams, foams and the like. Choose the container that suits your product type the best!
· Contract filling companies are accustomed to fulfilling specific requests from customers in terms of their packaging needs. This means that if you do not find a suitable option in their general packaging range, you can always look for a customised solution.
If you are looking for a trustworthy name for your contract filling requirements, visit http://lfofamerica.com/. This is one of the most reliable names in the industry that offers affordable solutions in a wide range for you to choose from.
About The Author
Gayle Adams is an expert in personal care and Over The Counter Products and offers all kinds of industry related advice in her articles for people to benefit from. LFofAmerica.com is the name that she will recommend for contract filling, manufacturing, formulation as well as packaging solutions.