following view all
|rickybates is not in any groups|
|Health Care & Natural Beauty Tips|
5 Natural ingredients That Will Make Your Skin Glow
We all have those days when our skin looks tired, so here I have found you some ways through which you can get glowing skin without paying a bomb at the beauty salon. Keep reading to get details on skin care ingredients that are hiding in your kitchen
• Lemon is the key to happy skin
The first skin care ingredient in our list is the juicy lemons. This tiny sunny yellow that you have been enjoying in your lemonade not only moisturizes the skin, but also neutralizes the free radicals that cause skin aging and diseases. See below for wonders that lemon can do to your skin.
1) Apply mixture of lemon juice and water on your face to get a hydrated skin.
2) If your elbow, underarms, and knees appear darker than simply rub a lemon for 10 minutes and then apply a moisturizer.
3) Make a mixture of lemon drops, tea tree essential oil, and distilled water and use it as a toner or with cotton pads as a cleansing wipe for problematic skin.
4) Apply lemon juice on your lips before bedtime, and wash it off in the morning to remove dead skin cells and dried skin.
• Turmeric works like magic
Commonly termed as 'Haldi' in the Indian household, turmeric is more than just a food ingredient. Turmeric works like an elixir for the skin; also it has been used as a beauty product over centuries. Even today brides and grooms' celebrate ‘haldi’ as a ceremony in which paste of turmeric and oil is applied on the skin. See below for some application of turmeric that can get you a flawless skin.
1) Make a paste of turmeric, gram flour (besan) and water; apply it on the skin. Use this facial mask as an anti-aging treatment to defeat signs of aging.
2) Honey and turmeric paste can exfoliate skin and keep a check on pores.
3) Turmeric and sandalwood paste can act as an acne face pack.
4) A mixture of gram flour (besan), turmeric and yogurt/raw milk/water can help women lighten the stretch marks.
• Get Radiant skin with Oats
Ingredient at the third position in the list is the scrumptious and healthy oats. Believed to be very hypoallergenic, Oats can cleanse all skin types. As per the beauticians, oats have no side effects and are clinically proven for the dry and itchy skin. In fact, many people use oats just to get rid of skin allergies and ease skin infection caused by rashes, abrasions, insect bites, poison ivy, and even chicken pox. Wonders of oats are endless. See below for uses of oat in different forms:
1) Make a facial mask of oats, honey, and milk to get an instant glow on your skin.
2) Facepack of oats and tomato can help to get an oil free skin.
3) Those who are tired of seeing pesky acne pop-ups can use the paste of oatmeal and water or milk.
• Terrific Green Tea for Your Skin
Green tea extracts have been used over centuries to improve overall skin appearance. Due to its significance, green tea extracts are used in many herbal products. Mentioned below are some recipes that can benefit your skin in no time.
1) Scrub green tea extracts on skin for few minutes to get an instant glow.
2) Apply used cold green tea bag on an infected area caused due to a bug bite.
3) For a fresh face, prepare hot green tea and let it cool. Once it has cooled, splash it all over face and then clean your face with cold water.
• Stay away from pigmentation and blemishes with a potato
The last ingredient in our list is potatoes. Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates and Vitamin C, which makes it an awesome vegetable for our health and skin. With regular use of potato, one can get rid of dead skin build up that can cause patches and uneven tone. The starchy vegetable is good for you in following ways:
1) Apply potato juice on affected area to get rid of dark circles.
2) Use cold potato juice as a daily facial rinse to get rid of blemishes.
3) Grate raw potatoes and apply on your face to reduce face swelling.
4) Apply grated peeled potatoes on your face for 10 minutes.
Why to walk around like a zombie and wait to get a beauty treatment done when you can get beautiful skin with aforesaid ingredients that are hiding in your kitchen. Include them in your daily beauty regime for a healthy and happy skin.