followers view all
|MclaurinWilliams is not in any groups|
10 Tips to Find the RIGHT Wedding Planner
1. Consider your needs. What type of service will you require? There are as many planners as there are choices, so it's important for you to narrow down your selection based on what you need. Here are examples of the most standard types of services that wedding planners provide:
a. Day-of coordination (present only on the day of your wedding to ensure everything is handled professionally)
b. A referral service (the planner recommends different vendors based on your preferences and you do the hiring and liaising on your own)
2. Consider their background and education. For example, if you are looking for lots of creative input, for example, you may want to hire a wedding planner that has a background in a creative field - such as art or graphic design. Perhaps you are looking for somebody who will do all the legwork and will work with you as a partner.
3. Consider their experience. How many years are they in business? A reputable planner will be open to prove their reliability and experience. For example, they will be able to give you references from past clients so that you can speak with them directly. They should be open to providing you with examples of weddings that they have planned in the past.
4. Consider their training. What training does he/she have prior to becoming a wedding planner? For example, does he/she come from a related field, such as event planning? This will give you more insight into the type of planner they are and what drove them to do this professionally in the first place.
5. Consider their communication, organizational skills and professionalism. From the time that you've started communicating with them, has he/she proven to be professional and reliable? A professional wedding planner and one with whom you will be communicating on a daily basis, should answer emails promptly.
6. Consider his/her personality. Your wedding planner should be courteous and accommodating to your busy schedules; they should be flexible and adaptable; honest and realistic about your wedding vision and if they can make it happen on your budget, to avoid any unpleasant surprises later on.
7. Consider the fee structure. Your wedding planner should be upfront about how they calculate their fees and should make you aware of any additional costs that may come up later on. Having this information before committing to a wedding planner is crucial so that you know exactly what you are committing to.
8. Consider the work philosophy. Does he/she work alone or as a team? There is no right or wrong answer - this is very personal and each couple knows what they prefer! But if the wedding planner works alone, ensure that they have a back-up plan in case of an emergency
9. Consider how your vision has been interpreted. You and your fiancé are unique, and so is your wedding vision! A professional wedding planner should be able to understand your vision and input and use it to create an even better version of your dream wedding.
10. Lastly, and most importantly, consider the rapport you have with the wedding planner. The connection that you create in the early stages of communication is going to set the tone for how smooth planning your wedding will be, and you want to ensure that your wedding planner is going to be working in your best interests at all times.
|share||like 1||report||55 views|