followers view all
following view all
Recipe - Lasagna
1 ½ lb lasagna noodles, uncooked
2 lbs ground beef
1 lb ground veal
1 lb ground pork
1 lb ground turkey or chicken
2 ½ jars (about 2 ½ lbs) spaghetti sauce, traditional style, Prego
1 small jar sliced or diced mushrooms, drained
2 large tubs (2 lbs) ricotta cheese, from whole milk
4 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
2 lbs shredded mild cheddar cheese
2 lbs shredded Monterey jack/colby cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cans (1 lb) diced tomatoes, drained
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
1 tsp chopped oregano
1 tsp chopped basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp crushed red peppers
3 tsp minced onion
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1 lasagna baking pan (tin ones at Walmart or anodized, but make sure it’s big)
1. Brown meat In large skillet; drain.
2. Simmer spaghetti sauce with spices 20 minutes.
4. Heat oven to 350°F.
5. In large bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and eggs.
6. Spread about 1 cup sauce on bottom of lasagna baking pan. Arrange pasta pieces over sauce, overlapping edges. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture over pasta; sprinkle 1/3 of the meat; sprinkle with 1/3 of each shredded cheese.
7. Repeat layers. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
8. Bake 1 hour or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
|share||like 45||report||605 views|