followers 54 popularity
following 49
· Just for Laughs
· Favourite Motivational and Inspirational Quotes


I am a mother of 3 and a grandmother of 2. My family is the most important thing in the world to me and they always come first.

One of my main interests is herbal nutrition which prompted me to join Herbalife in May 2009 when I was looking for a home based business. I have learned so much more about herbal nutrition since I joined Herbalife and am very proud to represent their products.
Sue House - Herbalife | sueh
Feeling good both physically and mentally is the basis for posititvity and happiness. If you want to improve your overall welllness check out

Losing weight with Protein

Mar 10th 2011 at 5:07 AM

It is very common now a days to hear someone say "I want to lose some weight". I think it's common knowledge that obesity is becoming increasingly high in our world. It can be a scary thing.

But losing weight doesn't have to be difficult. With the proper knowledge of how our bodies work and the right attitude, losing weight doesn't have to be such a major challenge. does our body work? First let 's talk about using calories. Most of the calories we use in a day are used for our Basal Metabolic Rate or BTR (resting metabolism). This BTR accounts for about 70% of the calories we use in a day. Our body uses these calories to keep us going during the day. Combining that knowledge with how we use the other 30% is how we determine what we can do to lose weight. If we take in less calories than we use, then we lose weight. 

The amount of muscle you have determines how many calories you burn in a day. Each pound of muscle burns about 14 calories in a day. While a pound of muscle burns about 14 calories when we are at rest, a pound of fat burns only 2 calories! So, obviously, the more muscle we have, the more calories we burn. So, how do you increase muscle? You can exercise, or weight train, but you can also increase muscle mass by eating more protein. Protein helps to build lean muscle mass, and the higher our lean muscle mass the higher our metabolism. Protein snacks are a great way to get your protein fix. Protein snacks have a couple of major benefits over the high calorie, high sugar snacks. First of all, protein makes us feel full longer, so we don't feel hungry in between meals. Eating less between meals automatically cuts calories. Secondly, protein has a thermogenic effect.This means you burn more calories to digest it. This is a double bonus, because protein snacks tend to be lower in calories to start with and you also burn more calories. Herbalife has some excellent protein snacks. If you would like to check them out, you can go to my website and have a look

Protein is certainly not the only important factor for weight loss. There is so much we could discuss and I can do that with future articles. In the mean time, if anyone would like to know how to determine their BTR, contact me and I can help you. It is an interesting and important piece of information to have.

I wish you all happiness and health.

Please to comment
Aug 20th 2012 at 6:34 AM by mrpthai
Thank information.
Mar 27th 2011 at 5:52 PM by 4SFI
Highly useful information. Thanks.
Mar 21st 2011 at 4:15 AM by sueh
Responding to deewest's question re: Herbalife drinks. Herbalife has meal replacement shakes, energy drinks, fitness drinks and protein drinks. All of them are excellent products. Thanks for asking! Sue
Mar 17th 2011 at 8:26 PM by deewest
Hello Sue, Good Article. I look forward to reading more of your Articles. I have a feeling your Articles will be jammed packed with Great Advice on a lot of different health issues. I will be keeping an eye out for them. Not sure if I have checked into Herbal Life, I have heard of it years ago. I actually love the drinks, do they have them too? I will try to stop over and take a look in a few days. Great Meeting You Best Wishes Dee
Mar 17th 2011 at 2:36 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Sue: Thanks for posting this great article. Interesting and informative. GT :-)

sign in

Remember Me

New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here