followers 1 popularity
following 1

followers  view all

following  view all

ronaldadam is not in any groups

Working for You? Make Sure You Have Adequate Protection

Jan 20th 2015 at 4:11 AM

One in seven people in the UK workforce is self-employed and it has been calculated that 40% of the new jobs created since 2010 have been through self employment.

While a percentage of these people may be genuine entrepreneurs who have long dreamed of setting up their own business quite a few will have been people who were directly employed but were made redundant as employers cut costs following the 2008 financial crisis.

By becoming self employed, you are effectively setting yourself up as a small business and taking on the liabilities that go with it.

Whether providing a product or a service it makes sense, therefore to protect you from potential losses as far as possible.

Does your work require expensive equipment? If so, and as a tradesman you have to carry out your work, for services such as a builder, electrician, plumber, handyman, gardener, or mobile hairdresser, at your clients’ premises there will be times when there is no choice but to carry the tools of your trade in your car or van.

The van itself represents a significant investment in your business. Van insurance or car insurance is essential and it makes sense to shop around for the cheapest and best insurance deal for your purposes.

Ask questions before making a decision on any policy. Of course you cannot drive a vehicle without insurance and you want protection if it should be damaged or stolen.

But what about the tools of your trade? Many vehicle insurance policies exclude cover for theft of equipment if stored in a van overnight, for example.

So you will also need some form of tradesman’s insurance.

Tradesmen’s liability insurance can be arranged to suit your circumstances, so it is important to shop around for the right policy, whether it is for schemes that are rated on wages and turnover or schemes those rated per person.

While you take every precaution to protect your customers and their property and you hope it won’t happen, the last thing you need is to have a customer or client take legal action either following injury or damage to them or their property.

Tradesmen’s insurance will cover you for the potential for accidents to happen, especially if you are using potentially dangerous equipment on customers’ premises.

You also need to Van Insurance yourself against any damage, loss or injury while carrying out your work.

And, of course, you need to protect yourself against the loss of that expensive equipment you bought when you first became self employed.

For More Details Visit Here: Cheap Home Insurance Quotes

Please to comment

sign in

Remember Me

New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here