Groups
· Personal Branding
· Integrating FacePlate with your marketing strategies
· Branding Yourself
· Using WordPress For Your Marketing
· WordPress Questions
· Reports
· Make your free Website with Blogger!
· What do you like about IM faceplate?
· Philippe Moisan
· Aussie Online
· Group and Discussion Bugs
· My Account Glitches
· Finding and Buiding Leaders!
· Positive Affirmations
· Internet Marketing Tip Sheet
· Motivated Today with Deon Barnard
· Focusing
· Keeping Healthy For Online Workers
· Most valuable skills in IM
· Selling
· A Rainbow Tribe
· PET LOVERS
· IM HELPERS
· Modeling the Masters

Interests

Business : Helping Others Towards Online Success by showing them HOW I use things I AM A MEMBER OF and/or FIND USEFUL in my business!

Leader of Hip Hop Helpers - We are hip (cool friends), can hop (keep active) and help others! We are becoming Cyber Turtles!

Owner/Developer of AquaticTraffic and GhostRiderTE which will both be training programs for using marketing tools online.

General :

Horses and Music (anything with a great beat or meaningful words for me)

Reading and Wild Things (stormy seas or wind, untamed forests, Nature and her creatures in the wild)

Gods :

Zeus (grandfather, wisdom and lore, sky, sun, energy, karma and time)
Neptune (father, support, sea, tides, defense, direction and rhythms)
Thor/Holly Lord (brother, protection, land, stability, family, tribe, flora and fauna of wild places, also known as the Green Man)

Goddesses :

Isis (aunt, grandmother, educator, protection of innocence, sky, moon, cycles and change)
Demeter (mother, nurturing, earth, growth and harvests)
Diana (sister, huntress and protector of the earth\'s creatures)

Mystic Creatures :

Dragons (lizard cousin, truth, treasure keeper, potential)
Elementals :
Spirit (guidance from the dark of despair into the light of understanding our purpose)
Air (attitude and planning)
Fire (action, desire and motivation)
Water (determination and persistence)
Earth (achievement and manifestation)

Unicorns and winged horses

Hobbies (things I enjoy doing) :

Being an Author (fiction; help files; how-to ebooks, manuals and messages for email training series)

Creating splashes and websites with CSS and HTML

My Spiritual Power Animals :
(see Articles for more info)

Horse - Extender of Dreams (freedom)

Bear/Tiger - Protectress (defense)

Owl - Teacher (learning, knowledge and wisdom)

Cat - Adapter (flexibility)

Badger - Story-Keeper (beliefs and values)

Wolf/Jaguar - The Rebel (independence)

Whale - Wanderer (action and movement)

Crow - Recycler (way-shower)

Dolphin - Spiritual Seeker (conscious choice)

Raven - Creator (imagination and majik-user)

Spider - Weaver (brings raw material together to create something unique)

Turtle - Nurturer (foundation and stability)

Hawk - Provider (hunter/gatherer)

Otter - The Joker (playfulness and relaxation)

Soroya Ravencrest | yhbecpublisher
Snow Shoe Traffic now has Team Surfing, http://www.snowshoetraffic.com/signup.php?2012
unknown

When A Free Download Is Not What It Claims To Be

Oct 13th 2010 at 12:01 AM

Have you gone to collect a free download from an email only to discover that you need to enter your name and email address to get it?

I'm not so green as to believe this stuff any more.

And when you do bother cause you really want that particular product, I have found they then think it is okay to keep sending you more emails without informing you that this is their intention.

Well today I'm setting a challenge to those of you who do this :

How about putting it right there on the page that you intend to send emails in exchange for the product.

I'm interested to know if you find your list building this way slows to a trickle or not?

These days I just delete these offending emails.

I keep the ones that actually contain useful information...

What happened to the content?

Is it so hard to type a few words about what you are sending us to?

Bring ethical marketing back please.....

Dec 14th 2011 at 10:30 PM by Siamak
Well said, Soroya! +1 from me

Sep 25th 2011 at 2:03 AM by rukonhstu
Faceplate is great

Sep 15th 2011 at 9:21 AM by A4003
Well Said Soroya! Enjoy and Appreciate Your style. Thank you.

Apr 24th 2011 at 10:15 AM by Lovetra
AMEN!

Jan 25th 2011 at 2:08 AM by debsw
I think a lot of people are tired of this trusted list building tactic for the reasons that Bill mentioned - in relation to the kind of emails that are sent once you have given up your email address in order to get the product. Most of us who have been around a while have the kind of once bitten twice shy approach to this but I think it is because of the way that people use our email addresses rather than the fact that they haven't made it clear they will be using it (we take that as read these days.. why most of us who have been around are like you and avoid this type of ad unless we really know we want that product) Like you said Soroya we are all happy to keep the emails that provide us with some new info or some new take on old info, it's the constant sales pitches that have caused the problem and I suspect are now building huge lists only of people who are very new and either can't afford to pay for all the stuff that's advertised to them or end up feeling very cheated very soon because they have bought into the next best thing which they couldn't really afford and don't have the experience to market themselves....

Dec 14th 2010 at 1:04 PM by Siamak
I 100% agree with you. I am sorry for people who prioritize money over ethics. :(((

Oct 31st 2010 at 12:40 AM by yhbecpublisher
Thank you both for your input. "free download" and "opt-in" are two different things is what I was trying to get at. For instance, my new spotlight has a free download, no opt-in required.

Oct 30th 2010 at 6:10 PM by deewest
I agree with Both You and Bill who commented. I hate opting in to receive a free e-book etc.. just for this reason.. and I have even found some places Like you said .. they say to opt in and you will get ALL of this Stuff to find out that you are brought to a page to Purchase this and the email that came had Dead links to the things that were supposed to be free. Yes, most of the emails do have an OPT OUT function but I have received emails even a week or so later from the same people I opted out from. I know when I join a site I will receive emails but these Opt in to build a list.. I have Never been too fond of them at all. Some of Opt in lists I have joined have been very informative and did not abuse their privilege and that is how it should be!

Oct 21st 2010 at 10:43 AM by AbdeelMarketing
Soroya, I have to agree, and somewhat disagree with this article at the same time. First, I agree with you that the emails are out of control. See my article on my faceplate about "List Abuse". I do have a point of disagreement though. It is a common practice to build a list by offering free materials. This is a widely used and well understood tactic in the IM world. Most people, who have been involved with this industry for any length of time, understand this. They always have the option to opt out of a list if the email frequency is too great, or the offers being sent are of no interest to them. I have opted into hundreds of lists, and have opted back out of several for this very reason. I would argue that the method for gaining the list is not the issue here, but rather the tactics taken once the list has been established. Bombarding people with emails is a sure way to get ignored. Just my 2 cent's worth. Bill