Gisela Beckermann | vividturtle

What is the etiquette around Social Networking sites?

Jul 3rd 2010 at 10:11 AM

Hello everyone, I just joined IM Faceplate and I am also a member of some of the other Social Networking sites out there. There is one thing that I see happening in all of these sites. A lot of people join and forget to put up their picture.

I wonder, why people join social networking sites and then do not want the other members and friends to see them? Whats up with that?

Now, I love meeting new people from around the world and I have always enjoyed meeting new friends through the networking sites, but I normally do not respond to anyone that does not have their picture up. I would like to find out how all of you feel about this?

Have a wonderful day and enjoy life,

Gila

Jan 18th 2012 at 1:04 PM by OnlineProfits
That is true. Dont know how someone can sell anything online without a personal picture.

Jan 1st 2011 at 6:33 PM by judyhwright
Thanks for connecting. Always nice to meet new people from all over the world. We are more alike than different.Judy Helm Wright

Oct 18th 2010 at 4:54 AM by marydent
Hi Gila I don't have a very good pic of myself. I don't have a camera, webcam or scanner. One day I will get one : ) I do agree though, what's to hide?

Oct 16th 2010 at 11:05 AM by drkelp
You are so right. My face is no oil painting but it is mine and I can sell it online without imitations. Good luck with your online ventures.

Aug 31st 2010 at 2:41 PM by blackfolder1
Posting a photo or logo is so important to personal branding. I, for some reason could not load my photo onto faceplate, so I used my company logo instead. All other sites though, even splash pages I make, have my photo on them, even though I do not photograph well! I know my mother, for instance, refuses to put her picture on facebook because she is afraid someone will suddenly know everything about her! (She's a little paranoid) I know that when I am online if I see an ad and recognize the face, I will check it out. Some people on here are doing a great job of branding themselves, i.e. Louise Cardow, GT Pulmar,(think I got the name right, but I recognize the face!) Solomon Huey, Among many others. So definetely put up your photo ugly or not!

Aug 8th 2010 at 12:40 AM by ecco1729
Hi Gila, I do not understand why people do not want others to see who they are, my first thought is that the person probably is wanted by the authorities or Interpol. It is not the way people gain my confidence at first glance. Have a blessed Sunday Preben (ecco1729) Denmark

Aug 3rd 2010 at 6:51 AM by yhbecpublisher
Hello Gila, great article! Hello new friend, I'm Soroya in South Australia :-)

Jul 23rd 2010 at 10:46 PM by GTBulmer
Hello, Gila: I am with you on this! When I join a new site or forum, the absolute first thing I do before posting or socializing is set up my profile, contact info and especially my photo. I know that some people are just confused by the process, and others intend to "do it later" (then forget), but when I see a member without a photo, especially someone who has been active for a while already, I get suspicious about why they don't post a photo. Maybe some here at IMfp who have not posted their photo can tell us their reasons why? :-)

Jul 7th 2010 at 4:37 PM by dodomat
you are right gila .in social net work must have real photo to know others and connect realy with them