followers view all
following view all
|janessa is not in any groups|
3 years ago
Tips To Invest In Collectible Coins
Collectible coins might be high and low in value, but this is really a good idea to save or collect them for investment purpose. Some of them are really good in value and if you save them for future, there are chances that they will be of even higher value in the years to come.
Collecting valuable coins is really an art and if you have little knowledge about them, you can easily save lots of money in your future. They are available in different types, value and grades and most important of them are rare type. Therefore, the first thing you should know about it is the benefits of investing your money in rare type.
Benefits of Investing in Rare Coins
There are various benefits of investing in this specific category and some of them are mentioned here so you can have an idea why to invest in this particular type;
• These are always growing in value and this is the reason it is always given priority by the buyers.
• It is quite affordable to invest in rare coins if you compare to the other forms of investment. If you don’t have a big budget, you can still invest in this unique business as they are available from $100 to $10,000 which enables everyone to invest money according to budget.
• They have diminishing supply which means when the demand is increased, the value is also increased.
• When you have collectible rare ones, you don’t have to be worried about paying taxes on capital gains.
• They have greater value and are always high in demand; therefore, you can easily get buyers if you need to sell them on urgent basis.
• Information about them is updated on regular basis.
• You don’t have to worry about submitting legal reports or documents to government.
• They are small in size and easy to carry anywhere you want.
Highest to the Lowest Grades
Like all other businesses, quality also matter in coins investment business. If you own the ones which have higher grade in value, you have greater chances to get more benefits as high grade uncirculated coins are higher in quality, thus, considered to be more expensive than others. Here is a list ranging from the highest to the lowest grades;
• MS (Mint State) 60–70: Uncirculated (UNC)
• AU (About/Almost Uncirculated) 50, 53, 55, 58
• XF or EF (Extremely Fine) 40, 45
• VF (Very Fine) 20, 25, 30, 35
• F (Fine) 12, 15
• VG (Very Good) 8, 10
• (G) Good 4, 6
• (AG) About Good 3
• FA, FR (Fair) 2
• PR, PO (Poor) 1
The Increasing Demand for Rare Type
The consumers always give them priority to buy coin sets as they have great value and if they belong to high grade, they will be given more appreciation. Minting coins was stopped by US Government in 1934; therefore, a very small number of coins minted before 1934 are available in today’s market with great value. With the passage of time, many of such valuable and rare either will be damaged or lost and this will make them even more valuable especially if the demand increases.
Valuable US Coins
• Copper Penny Collectable Coins - 1943 - Estimated Value: $10,000 - $100,000+
• "No P" Dime - 1982 - Estimated Value: $100+
• Double Die Penny - 1955 - Estimated Value: $300 - $25,000+
• P Double Struck New York Quarter - 2001- Estimated Value: $400 - $3000
• Silver Dime - 1965 - Estimated Value: $9000+
The US coin proof set prices keep varying or rather they keep rising which turns out to be more and more advantageous for the investors.
|share||like 7||report||94 views|