Tips to Ensure That You Have A Great Vancouver Island Beachfront Hike
Hiking on the beachfront is one of those things that most hikers enjoy doing. It is important that when you go hiking, you ensure that you stay both comfortable and safe while outdoors. Of course when you go hiking you should pack light. A heavy backpack can weigh you down and make your day very tiring instead of enjoyable. Ensure that you only carry the essentials. Here are some tips to ensure that you have a great oceanfront hike.
• They say that the most important meal of the day is breakfast, so ensure that you begin by having a great breakfast. Take a meal that will give you plenty of carbohydrates that you need for energy while you are hiking. You may consider packing some nuts and dried fruits that you can nibble on as you go, most importantly a good supply of water to keep you hydrated.
• If you are planning a Vancouver Island beachfront hike, make sure to provide someone with your hiking plans. If you are staying at one of the beach resorts, you can let the front desk know where you are going and what time you can be expected back. That way, should you take too long to return, rescuers will know where to begin the search.
• Ensure that you get a local weather report. If the weather is expected to get wet at some point, prepare to pack clothing that will ensure that you stay both dry and warm. The ocean breeze can also turn chilly, so knowing what to expect is a plus. Should the weather become unpredictable or threatening, it is important that you turn back instead of insisting on completing your Vancouver Island oceanfront hike.
• You can never drink enough water therefore make sure to bring plenty of that. Since you will be walking and exerting yourself physically, water is definitely a necessity for you. The recommended amount is two liters for each person daily, and by taking the water, you will feel better and stay well hydrated throughout the hike.
• First aid supplies in the form of a kit are also absolutely essential. Simple things such as gauze, antibiotic ointment, adhesive bandages, pain relievers, adhesive tape, and a squeeze bottle that you can use, in case you need to irrigate wounds, will do the trick. You are not anticipating any injuries on your Parksville beachfront hike, but it doesn’t hurt to be ready.
If you want to get more information about Parksville beachfront hike then just visit online portal at http://www.shadyshoresbeachresort.com/accommodations/index