Groups
freesia60 is not in any groups

Interests

pro maarketing on the net, historical research, genealogy, gardening, reading, painting,floristry,design
freesia60 | freesia60
Heres a new website I made following my passion for local history and research www.whroocemeteryinterments.weebly.com
3 years ago

The Florist at Christmas

Dec 19th 2010 at 12:02 AM

As we near yet another Christmas festive season I felt the muse come upon me to share a few observations............

I work as a retail florist and the buying or 'just looking' general public can be a wonderful source of humour:-

1. When ordering a flower arrangement the customer who adds - Can you make it nice????

No Ill make it an absolutely ugly one..just for you madam.

2. Can you deliver it before 7.30 am??

No madam ,  florists have to sleep too.

3.I dont really believe in Christmas but Ive got to get something for them.

Someone holding a loaded gun to your head  sir?

4.I want  red lilies, not pink, red... can you do that ?

Yes I have some spray paint in the cupboard

5.Will you put sugar in the water to help them last?

Sugar is great in tea and coffee, flowers prefer something slightly different

6.Shall I put an aspirin in the water?

Not unless the flower tells you its got a very bad hangover madam

7.You may not have come across this before....

Oh believe me I have after 30 years!

8.Are you doing something nice for Christmas?

Thought I might try sleeping , sir

This is a purely random sample of the questions asked by members of the public regarding flowers.....thank goodness there are some out there who know the difference between cannas and callas , Asiatics and Orientals (lilies) , tight wrap and wet packs. ( A bit like nappies for flowers).

Have a great Christmas everone and think kindly when speaking to your local retail florist :)

Jan 10th 2011 at 10:28 AM by smithmamie
Isn't it great that most people ask or say things that they do not expect answers. It is surprising when you find the ones who do!

Dec 20th 2010 at 12:12 AM by freesia60
Have a great Christmas :)

Dec 20th 2010 at 12:11 AM by freesia60
Thanks - today I could have added a lot more examples!!Just got home from work - another 4 days to go lol

Dec 19th 2010 at 3:57 PM by LouiseCardow
LOL LOL LOL You may not have come across this before.... Oh believe me I have after 30 years! Love it!! LOL Wishing You and Your's ALL the BEST for the holiday Season and beyond!! :-)

Dec 19th 2010 at 2:04 PM by freesia60
Love it!!!Havent had that happen to me but the mental pic is hilarious.Glad to like the article :)

Dec 19th 2010 at 2:00 PM by thebananarepublican
Another delightful read. I particularly like the aspirin bit. Man, people will really surprise you with their stup...no, actually it often is not that surprising at all. >> My first job was at a plant and garden shop. I had no idea about anything so it was always kind of amusing to make up answers to people's questions. The problem was when the customer knew I was clueless and being a typical teenage smartas@. Never went over to well with them and especially my boss. He was a bitter old man, so I really didn't much care. Plus, I knew my job was pretty secure. Not many people will work for the wage he paid. >> I have had quite a few jobs involving customer relations so I can identify quite a bit with this article. The best was when I worked at a gas station. I would come home and tell my mom all the stupid goings on of the day. She'd crack up and tell me I should write a book about it. I would kindly remind her how poor of a writer I am and shrug it off. Poorly written or not, I wish I would have at least kept a journal about my experience there. >> I will leave you with one thing I did while working at the gas station that I still crack up when I think about. The ice machine for the fountain drinks was on the fritz, and so all the ice melted covering an aisle in water. A fellow came in wearing sandals and went to said aisle. I hollered over at him from the counter and said, "Man, I am sorry about all the water. A pregnant lady was just in here and her water broke. I haven't had the time to clean it up yet." His facial expression was priceless. >> Love and Shalom [+]