The Benefits And Misgivings Of Using Red Diesel Fuel
Red diesel has for years borne several nicknames. You have probably heard of it being referred to as tractor diesel, Ultra Low sulfur gas oil (ULSG), 35 second oil, agricultural gas oil and cherry fuel. Compared to the white diesel used on roads, red diesel is considered light duty diesel.
Despite all these nicknames, there are still people out there who find the difference between automotive diesel and home heating diesel a bit unclear. To end the confusion, Red diesel (being low duty)is a form of fuel that is normally used as a home heating fuel because it has low amounts of Sulphur in comparison to automobile diesel fuel. The distinctive color is as a product of a dye added for purposes of distinction from white diesel.
Across the UK, it is illegal to use red diesel on normal cars. It is however widely used on off-road vehicles, agricultural tractors and other machinery apart from being used for home heating purposes. It is therefore safe to refer to red diesel as a farmers’-benefit fuel oil.
Uses of Red Diesel
- Industrial heating purposes.
You can use red diesel fuel to heat up schools, churches and town halls, among others.
- Plant and Machinery works.
Red diesel is a perfect fuel for cranes, tractors, excavators, diggers, lift tracks, mowers and bulldozers.
- Power generating purposes.
You can rely on red diesel fuel to keep your generators and power supply systems running.
- Commercial and leisure boats across the UK are permitted to use red diesel fuel.
- In Licensed vehicles that are exclusively permitted to be driven on private land. They must be registered with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
- Snow bulldozers that are used for clearing snow on different surfaces.
- Construction equipment such as excavators and cranes
The benefits of Red Diesel
- It is a less expensive alternative for most consumers.
- Because of its red color, it makes it almost impossible for law breakers to go unpunished. This is in instances where people use red diesel to fuel their on-road vehicles.
- It is less harmful to your health, making it user friendly compared to most types of fuels.
- Red diesel efficiently powers vehicles that require low -cost fuel to run. Vehicles used for farming and shipping mainly in the UK rely on red diesel to function.
The misgivings of Red Diesel
- In case of skin contact with diesel, very uncomfortable skin irritation may arise.
- Sometimes, we are forced to dispose red diesel. It is at this point in time that you should seek waste oil collection services. This will ensure that you do not pollute the environment as well as keep your home free from oil spillages.
For more information please visit: waste oil collection services