IM faceplate help | help

Setting up your faceplate

Jul 5th 2010 at 1:35 PM

Whether you are technologically-challenged, or a computer master ... setting up your faceplate is as easy as 1-2-3!

You can keep things ultra simple if you like and have your faceplate up and running in a couple minutes (no joke), or you can put a little extra time into it and really create something amazing!

Either way, it's critical that you at least take the initiative to set it up as soon as possible.  Remember, even if you opt for the ultra quick setup, you can always come back later when you have some more time and add some more content or tweak the layout.  In fact, your faceplate is so versatile that you can change it as often as you like with just a few clicks of your mouse.

So, let's get right into setting up your faceplate!  We have put the easiest and fastest steps first to get you started quickly.

Step 1)
The first thing you need to do is upload your picture.  This is a great opportunity to upload a real picture of yourself because it bridges that "internet gap" and makes your communication with others feel more personal and real.  But if you are shy about posting your picture, then choose something else that can brand you as a marketer (like a company logo or something).

Step 2)
Add a screen name.  This is yet another great opportunity to brand YOURSELF and so you should use your REAL name here.  Remember, you are trying to connect with people and they are much more likely to connect with you if they know your actual name and not some internet "handle".  If you don't add a screen name, your faceplate will just show your username by default.

Step 3)
Add your social account information for the supported platforms.  Things like twitter, facebook, myspace, etc.  All you need to do is just put your usernames in the boxes and "save".  We then provide links to all your social accounts directly on your faceplate.

Step 4)
Populate your latest twitter tweets and youtube videos by activating these social widget modules and entering in your usernames for each.  We will get your most recent tweets and youtube video posts automatically and populate them on your faceplate directly!

Step 5)
Populate your RSS feed directly on your faceplate!  Not familiar with RSS?  It's not as complicated as you think.  An RSS feed is simply a dynamic list of updates from a particular website (typically a blog).  If you maintain your own blog, then you can easily populate your latest blog posts directly onto your faceplate by simply entering your RSS feed URL (assuming you set one up).  You can also tap into other RSS feeds such as your youtube playlist and other cool stuff. With RSS becoming very mainstream and with so many user-driven content sites out there, the possibilities with RSS are really taking off.

Those first 5 steps were the ultra easy ones that only take a minute to complete.  Even if this is all you have time for right now, you will still have a functioning faceplate that will allow you to connect with others in the IMfaceplate community.

The next steps require a little more time but they will take your faceplate to the next level and so you should really try to make time for them as soon as possible.

Step 6)
Do you have something you would like to feature more prominently on your faceplate?  You can use the “spotlight” module to feature videos, pictures, or anything you want to write ... like maybe the launch of a new website, or a quick announcement of some kind.  The options here are endless and you can even have several spotlights at the same time and they will show up as nice tabs on your faceplate!

Step 7)
Create custom lists!  This is a really easy and powerful thing to add to your faceplate.  You can quickly create any kind of list you like, such as a “top programs” list, or a “my websites” list.  And you can easily link each item in your list to the related website or referral link!  These lists are easy to setup and you can even have multiple list modules activated on your faceplate!

Step 8)
Write some quality articles and publish them to the web.  Using the article creator, you can easily write articles and publish them instantly to the internet.  Each article is optimized for the search engines and given its own seo-optimized link (url) that you can also link to from any other website or social platform that you choose.  There are some really important things to consider when writing articles and this will be covered in its own help article.

Step 9)
Build your email list by adding an opt-in box right there on your faceplate.  This is one of the most powerful modules in your arsenal.  You can easily just drop the code (your autoresponder will provide you with this) into the box and PRESTO ... you now have an opt-in box on your faceplate that allows you to build YOUR email list in whichever autoresponder you choose!  The list is always yours and we never have access to it ... you remain in full control of YOUR list!

Step 10)
Make some money off your faceplate and all those articles!  Simply add your Clickbank ID (under the make money tab) and we will brand 50% of all the ads (on your faceplate and articles) to YOU.  Or upgrade to the PRO membership level and we will brand 100% of the ads to you, or you can choose to remove the ads if you would rather they not be there ... the choice is yours!

Plus, as an upgraded member, you will also get to brand 100% of all ads to your referrals when they are within the community sections of the site such as the groups and discussions.

Make sure you check out the article on the benefits of upgrading ... it’s right HERE!

And that’s it!  Seems like a lot, but the process can be easily broken down into little bite-sized pieces.  Remember, you don’t have to perfect your faceplate overnight.  The important thing is that you just get started ... and once you take that initial step, you won’t be able to tear yourself away!  Have fun!

Feb 10th 2016 at 8:01 AM by pattayachannel
May 19th 2013 at 11:06 AM by marty
May 17th 2013 at 12:51 AM by rayextrasvc
Nov 30th 2012 at 9:14 PM by RPTT
U r just great!
Oct 29th 2012 at 9:49 AM by social
Jun 2nd 2012 at 1:17 AM by panjtani
Excellent info , it will helpful for all newbies ,
Mar 24th 2012 at 3:59 PM by DbusinessWomanSn
awesome information very informative, I enjoy it
Feb 27th 2012 at 10:53 AM by mlusterasa
This will help everyone if they just take the time to read and follow the directions. Everyone should be directed here from the start.
Feb 11th 2012 at 12:38 PM by netinvestor
This post/comment has been removed due to violations of our terms of use.
Nov 8th 2011 at 9:22 AM by yanger4
Thanks a million for all the help & useful information.
Oct 16th 2011 at 3:28 AM by gelecek
Thanks for help
Sep 7th 2011 at 2:20 PM by tammyslack
Thanx for the help I've printed the whole pg , so that I may get it all done right, I would not have understood this site w/ out your help. Thank You...TammySlack
May 23rd 2011 at 6:49 AM by theblonde
Very Helpful, I will be referring back to this article often, or until I have my faceplate set up. Thanks
May 9th 2011 at 10:53 AM by mostwanted
Thank you. I am going to copy the instructions provided above for ease of following. Today I will try to make a link with Youtube (not a subscriber yet)to upload a documentary onto my faceplate. Peace and Good Will when needed. -IMFACEPLATE\MOSTWANTED
Apr 21st 2011 at 4:36 PM by Maghdalena
Does anyone know how to edit the bio? I can't seem to find where to reedit this and I need to make some changes as I've changed my niche. Can anyone help guide me to where I'm supposed to go to do this and where to click? Thanks.
Mar 16th 2011 at 4:22 AM by newvalley9999
Hello, I am new here, and should like to ask how to create a spotlight. Could someone please help me?
Feb 25th 2011 at 10:39 AM by flamen
useful info, but how to insert Sweeva widget to my faceplate?
Jan 5th 2011 at 12:29 AM by akbakai
Hi everyone.I'm new to Faceplate. Thanks for the information.
Jan 3rd 2011 at 10:51 AM by GUERRERO
interesting now
Dec 6th 2010 at 5:03 AM by Kozirog
I have returned here, and have found it very useful for what I was trying to do. I will now find the article relating to writing articles, and try out spotlight.
Dec 5th 2010 at 4:15 AM by kingmee
Mind boggling - not as simple as it sound especially item 5. Not easily understood by a non techie.A video tutorial with demos would help the less savvy!!
Nov 30th 2010 at 8:24 AM by diylikeme
Great article. It really helped me get started quickly just like it said it would. I'm also impressed with the number of people that have reached out to follow me. One quick question. How do I edit my personal info?
Nov 22nd 2010 at 5:40 AM by javajoan
I am having a difficult time getting images up on my articles. I must be doing something wrong. A little box comes up in the article where I tried to put an image but thats it. Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong and how to correct it. Thanks, Joan
Nov 6th 2010 at 8:28 AM by smwagner33
Looks like I need to work on my faceplate!
Oct 28th 2010 at 8:27 PM by bushie199
I learned a lot from this article.
Oct 26th 2010 at 11:11 AM by yellooh
So cool.
Oct 24th 2010 at 10:59 AM by roma777
How can I delete , because there is another person by name Roma, not me.Help me,Roma
Oct 22nd 2010 at 6:03 AM by Freddy1911
It's interesting
Oct 6th 2010 at 1:16 PM by martaloy
I want to Upload my picture. Where do I click.
Oct 6th 2010 at 10:07 AM by flconversation
Help needed! Is there a possibility to change how Spotlights will appear? I have a video I would like to show always and the other ones as tabs. Ok, I will try now with remove and adding it again. Could be an idea to have the same possibilities as for the widgets. Just a proposal. Thanks and kindest regards.
Oct 1st 2010 at 12:42 PM by martaloy
This is an interesting Article. It has broken down all the walls of difficulty. Thanks for the Help.
Sep 26th 2010 at 8:05 AM by jmisk70
Wow there are a couple of things here that I am going to get started doing right away.
Sep 14th 2010 at 9:23 AM by daviydoldschoolreale
Got to get writing articles and add my clickbank id!
Sep 14th 2010 at 12:56 AM by nelica
I didn't finished to set up completely my FacePlate, but I will do it soon. I still have to do a lot, but day by day a little i will get there. Success to all!
Sep 6th 2010 at 11:22 PM by click_n_bid
Hi! I just joined only less than an hour ago. Can anyone here guide me on how to set up my opt-in page?
Aug 26th 2010 at 8:22 PM by neveralone
How can i change the my web site url on my profile page
Aug 25th 2010 at 6:53 AM by abenetis
Problem sovled! It seemed to be a variable which started with 'a' was miss interpreted as a link.
Aug 24th 2010 at 3:16 AM by abenetis
Question to Step 9) Opt-In Email List When I try to save my html code, it is not saved nor did I receive any error messages and the Opt-In Box is not shown on my faceplate. Anything what is needed additionally?
Aug 22nd 2010 at 3:16 PM by robbiebracco
That's strange Larry and Joe because when I set up my spotlights they all seem to be working great. If you do not get it resolved and would like to see if we can figure it out together just let me know and we'll give it a shot. Doesn't make sense why it would work for one and not the other.
Aug 19th 2010 at 10:38 PM by schmity58
This place is awesome you can brand yourself create lists, write articles and network all over the place. And most importantly meet lots of awesome like minded people.
Aug 15th 2010 at 7:01 PM by lec120
That's interesting to me too. Because when I tried setting-up one spotlights/popular video's I've got for my Biz it did create the separate tabs, but nothing happened when I clicked those tabs to view them on my Faceplate. I have even visited other members faceplates who had multiple spotlights... clicked on to view those and found that some worked and some didn't. Are we possibly missing something here or is there a glitch perhaps? I can not get Facebook to link up to FacePlate eather. I'm on Facebook as Larry E Claypool or lec120. Can you help me.
Aug 14th 2010 at 7:33 PM by joehuguenard
That's interesting... hmmmm. I tried setting-up several different spotlights/popular video's I've found and it did create the separate tabs, but nothing happened when I clicked those tabs to view them on my Faceplate. I have even visited other members faceplates who had multiple spotlights... clicked on to view those and found that some worked and some didn't. Are we possibly missing something here or is there a glitch perhaps?
Aug 14th 2010 at 7:26 AM by netpreneur
I'm glad I read this article -- there is SO MUCH one can do at IMF that is a POWERFUL vehicle to brand oneself. It really will give other social sites a run for their money. Take full advantage of what IMF has to offer for maximum PROFIT!
Aug 7th 2010 at 10:20 PM by MarilynRWilliams
Woohoo! I'm glad I read this article - "make money" love those words. :)) But, seriously, now I know that there is an article about article writing and I can learn the rules and get some tips. I love to write! Hope you are having a fabulous day!
Aug 7th 2010 at 4:49 AM by acmeinfo
I still can't get a proper photo to work, no matter how hard I try. Bit of a bummer as I've just posted an article about pics). Oh well, never mind, I'm sure you will sort it out eventually.
Aug 2nd 2010 at 10:40 PM by minx267
Awesome explanation! This helps a lot.
Jul 22nd 2010 at 2:37 PM by selmabestvideos
picter will not upload
Jul 13th 2010 at 9:20 PM by jackrabbit
Jul 13th 2010 at 4:42 PM by jennysue19
I'm having a problem trying to add a sweeva widget to a spotlight. I've seen it done on on other pages and they say add the script as if it was a video, but when I save, it 'loses' the script part and just leaves the div tags
Jul 12th 2010 at 12:38 PM by Kozirog
Thank you this answered some of the questions I was seeking answers to, this site seems very user friendly, I will now have a closer look at spotlight and hopefully RSS feeds.
Jul 10th 2010 at 10:24 PM by HowardN
I figured out my question.. regarding bjpatterson's question, if are using Google Chrome (and maybe Safari), the upload will not work. Use Firefox or IE browser to upload your photo..
Jul 10th 2010 at 1:02 PM by HowardN
How are links set up on spotlight pages?
Jul 10th 2010 at 8:27 AM by bjpatterson
I have tried 5 times to upload my photo to no avail?? Any advice on how to do this? Thanks
Jul 8th 2010 at 5:54 PM by rcyoung
Thanks for the great explanation.
Jul 7th 2010 at 2:54 AM by Ockna
Thanks for the explanation, not complecated at all.
Jul 6th 2010 at 4:56 PM by bebirianart
I seem to have trouble with the rss feeds - some are not functioning and one opens up way more than the maximum 10 items although I did mark the box for ten items to display -
Jul 6th 2010 at 2:42 PM by jacornu
Wonderful! Decent and in order!
Jul 6th 2010 at 2:22 PM by husnitaha
Thanks for the information
Jul 6th 2010 at 12:04 PM by vilona
Thank you! Great
Jul 6th 2010 at 11:52 AM by solcarina
Thank You for the informative information. I will return ...)))after my summerholiday. I like your program. Sending love and light, beauty and Joy.
Jul 5th 2010 at 9:05 PM by incomeplus
Jul 5th 2010 at 7:11 PM by hasgards
I made my faceplate but I was having some questions about few items. You answered them here. Thanks and gret job
Jul 5th 2010 at 3:02 PM by vitalwebs
Great job! Excellent overview and step by step list of how to get your IM faceplate ready to go.
Jul 5th 2010 at 2:19 PM by serbabisnis
Thanks for the explanation. Very complete.