Reasons to Contact a Concrete Business
Concrete is durable and strong, yet capable of being molded to just about any shape. Infinitely customizable, it’s color, form, and hardness can all be modified by a skilled craftsman to suit any situation or décor. It’s no wonder such a versatile material has so many applications. A reputable concrete business can be relied upon to create and maintain all manner of structures to fit a broad range of situations. Some products your local concrete tradesmen can build or repair include:
• Retaining wallsUsed to prevent movement of earth, retaining walls are particularly useful in reshaping the terrain of a property that has steep slopes or very irregular grading, allowing for more of the land to be used. It’s critical that retaining walls be engineered and built properly, as failure could be catastrophic, causing injury and massive financial loss.
• SeawallsSimilar to retaining walls except that they are primarily meant to prevent erosion of waterfront property. Concrete retaining walls are more durable and can handle far greater stresses than walls made from lesser materials.
• Walkways Strong and long lasting, concrete walkways are also excellent base structures for tile and stonework. They can be used for everything from simple paths to the front door to elaborate patios.
• Supports for Decks and Exterior StairsWood and the ground should not be in contact with each other, as that promotes rot, and the porous ground allows unsupported structures to sink and shift. Proper concrete supports go deep into the ground to provide rock-solid integrity. Metal plates are used to keep the wood from touching the concrete for years of rot-free use.
• Swimming pools The walls of an in-ground swimming pool are usually concrete. The process of pouring concrete to coat the surfaces of a large hole in the ground is very complex, but it’s child’s play to an experienced concrete worker.
• Foundations Only concrete has the combination of strength and resistance to subterranean conditions necessary to form a solid foundation for the many thousands of pounds comprising a modern home. The nature of a concrete foundation can vary somewhat, but they usually consist of some combination of footings, which are reinforced areas that support a home’s point loads, and a slab. In many cases, the construction allows for a below-grade basement that doubles as an area for utilities and as a support for the house.
There are many more uses for concrete. Click here to consult with a reliable concrete business in Oak Island on new projects or repairs on existing structures.
Rick advises people on apartments, homes and trends related to Real Estate. You can find his thoughts at remodeling contractors blog on Wordpress.
|share||like 1||report||31 views|