Proper Procedure on How to Divorce in Singapore
For ones blissfully married couples who grew exhausted of each other and weary of their current relationship status that says, “I want to serve the ties lastly!” can make the right moves and seek for divorce in Singapore. So the question arises how to do divorce and what is an ideal procedure to carry things smoothly when you have already made a decision for it.
Look for the best in business family divorce lawyers who can tackle your case way too seriously. Primarily, there are two imperative factors one should keep in mind before the things get settled in real time.
1. The court shall deal with the divorce procedure itself as with other ancillary matters in that case.
2. Additionally, one can’t successfully remarry another person until the final judgment is obtained.
Here’s your guide on entire Singapore divorce law, which will surely lend you a helping hand in facing that tiff situation during the eventual trials.
· Application for Divorce procedure: The one who files for divorce needs writ for divorce, statements of claims and particulars. Whether it’s an agreed or proposed parenting plan. Submit agreed or proposed Matrimonial Property Plan in case there is any housing or development board flat to be divided between you and defendant.
· Documents at Service: One needs to submit the acknowledgment of service, memorandum of appearance including various other documents including personal service, registered post, EFS on the Defendant’s Lawyer.
· Setting Down on Divorce Cases: One can easily settle down their case as an uncontested divorce succeeding the Defendant filed on a Memorandum of Appearance affirming that the he/she is not contesting the legal dissolution of the marriage when the opposition and yourself have not come in terms of divorce and the Defendant has no real disputes or queries about the matter said in your Statement of Claim and Statement of Particulars. By successfully filing a request for trial on settlement this can be done. In case, one’s divorce case is finally contested when the defendant has successfully filed a Defense and the procedure is deemed to be complex from that case.
· Hearing Date for Divorce: The uncontested divorce case hearing normally takes place within 3 weeks of the date you had actually filed your request for setting down action for trial. The court is then supposed to send you a letter confirming the hearing date and time for the same. One can look up for the hearing lists for the day on the website to let one know of the hearing.
The uncontested divorce hearing may last for hardly five to ten minutes and the district judge shall hear it. If he is satisfied that the marriage is shattered he will and adjourn the ancillary matters to be heard in chambers. The interim judgment is made final after three months which gives it end to the first stage of your divorce case with final judgment to be made after 3 months or so.
|share||like 9||report||120 views|